Gamers' Lounge :  forum
Arrange meeting times for new games, discuss past games and strategies, socialize with other players. 
Comfort Zones
Posted by: Tiffany ()
Date: February 02, 2009 05:07AM

Does any one share my sense of natural boundaries to certain Empires you build on here....

Russian Empire - For me that includes all regions from Muscovy to Poland and Moldavia. Finland also ideally.

Ottoman empire - That is everything from Byzantium and Macedonnia down to Egypt. Possibly all way to Tunis at it's largest.

Spanish Empire - All of Iberian peninsula plus north Africa up to Tunis. Possible expansion into France - that spearhead grouping of Gascony Aquitaine and Ill de France being my preference.

Scandinavian Empire - All Scandinavia that includes Finland, plus Hanover and the small grouping of regions around Hanover.

British Empire - Is odd because once i have built up in UK, expansion into Europe always feels really messy. Adding Scandinavia seems more palatable.

Roman Empire - The four that make up the boot of Italy plus the islands, plus maybe Dalmatia and Austria, and a couple of African provinces.

France and Germany i just can't get my head around. They freak me out to play. They have no defining boundaries, nothing to get your back against in a fight. You can get attacked from all sides. Nothing seems safe. Half an hour playing either of them i am so frazzled it's load the elephant tranquilliser gun and shoot me.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Comfort Zones
Posted by: Master ()
Date: February 02, 2009 06:32AM

That is the classical 3 vs 3 map.

Posted by: Cpt-Idla ()
Date: February 18, 2009 11:00AM

Speaking of the Roman Empire, I'm not too fond of starting off in Rome. It's like your complaint about France or Germany, but much worse in my opinion.

Posted by: GottMenschen ()
Date: February 19, 2009 10:44AM

The roman empire is also hard to do. Because are once the roman empire strechted to England aswell and most of europe.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.