Gamers' Lounge :  forum
Arrange meeting times for new games, discuss past games and strategies, socialize with other players. 
Downs & Ups of the new build
Posted by: Limbo ()
Date: February 12, 2009 11:19AM

Here are some downs in the new one-

Goes back to '___'s game'- which results in 8/10 of the games in lobby '___'s game'. Also - It changes back to 2:00 turn timer

The "please comfirm" when you create a game and you leave it or when you leave a game- which makes it very frustrating when you are creating a team game map- because you have to keep pressing 'confirm'.

The changing colors in the backround near lobby and history- very annoying.

When you leave the score, it goes to the graph so you have to click close again- also very annoying.

Here are some ups of the new one-

The history graph. It's very nice, You can see how terribly awesome someone has done throughout the game - or you can see how terribly awful someone has done throughout the game. Or- you can just look at how you have been doing in the game.

Single player. Good for people who want to play alone, and for people who don't want to be annoyed by someone else.

Please feel free to add anything to this topic, or any corrections. Thank you all for reading! Have fun conquering!!

Ps. I didn't see this anywhere on forums- so i did it. If this has been mentioned before, sorry to the person who made it.

~Limbo =]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2009 11:29AM by Limbo.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Downs & Ups of the new build
Posted by: Tiffany ()
Date: February 12, 2009 11:52AM

The score graph is cool ...but yeah, it is annnoying when you just want to quickly check on someones gold and close screen. .. up comes the graph :-(

I like the colour changes at top of screen they're supposed to represent the seasons Limbo. But i agree it could look better. The opaque pastel colours look a bit... tacky, which is not in keeping with the game image.

The solo game seems a lot more stable than the multiplayer. And it is nice to be able to play somewhere with my little cousin on here without him trying to read Deboer's obscenities all over the screen.

Date: February 12, 2009 11:54AM

Even if it does represent the seasons- it just is annoying ( to me atleast) that there is changing colors on the corner of my eye.
~Limbo

Posted by: Paars ()
Date: February 12, 2009 10:40PM

I tried it a few minuts, doesn't work for me especially when trying to find a teamgame with the settings changing back.
Also when you cancel a game you get a pop-up menu if I really want to cancel so that takes extra time. after noticing these 2 things I went back to an older build.

Posted by: GottMenschen ()
Date: February 12, 2009 10:54PM

Yeah. The new build aint good for creating games, mainly because of its bad habit of reseting everything.

But what i do like about the new build is the graph, when it doesnt annoy me, and the keyboard shortcuts. With them i have eliminated my problem of clicking past that i need to build in a province. I hate clicking.. xD

So some minor improvements are needed the next time, but still a good build. The Solo Thing is also great.. :)

Posted by: Comrade-D ()
Date: February 13, 2009 01:39PM

I'm willing to bet that the limitations on creating games at rapid speed is deliberate. When several people go through a hundred games and closes them while looking for a map throughout a couple of minutes the server will be ....well, imagine driving in LA during rush hour.

~Comrade-D

Posted by: jenny ()
Date: February 14, 2009 12:46PM

I do that nearly everyday..... blah, but i still like the new mode for the colors, they are amazing!

Posted by: hallali ()
Date: February 22, 2009 01:48AM

Face it, with the new version online even less people play this game. Saturday afternoon, best conq time and 10 players total, I feel like back in the old times when I started.

Posted by: acro ()
Date: February 23, 2009 06:17AM

I have also noticed that the numbers have decreased dramatically. I couldn't comment whether this is because of the new build but I guess it's possible, just seems strange that people would not play the game because they don't like the new build when they can still use the old build.

While I'm here: graph and colours were nice ideas I guess, but definitely not worth the sacrifice of having everything reset each time you create a new game.

More seriously, jynxxx made me aware the other day that the new version lets you change production while orders are being processed, which I have confirmed for myself to be true. I am sure we all realise the implications of this in gameplay, which is why I think the new version needs to be pulled asap until this at least is fixed.

Posted by: LikeNoOthers ()
Date: February 23, 2009 08:03AM

acro Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> More seriously, jynxxx made me aware the other day
> that the new version lets you change production
> while orders are being processed, which I have
> confirmed for myself to be true. I am sure we all
> realise the implications of this in gameplay,
> which is why I think the new version needs to be
> pulled asap until this at least is fixed.

Eh, nice.. Its unfair.. But i like the fact that even though u have made a mistake and pressed "end turn", you can still get it to produce what you want.. But i still see a VERY unfair thing in it.. 1 bad battle 1 step from cap.. You lose the land.. 0 troops in you cap.. But hey.. Now you can change it.. That is unfair..

Also, you can only change it because of the keyboard short cuts?

Posted by: LikeNoOthers ()
Date: February 23, 2009 08:11AM

Also, it isn't just when orders are being processed, but always..

Posted by: jenny ()
Date: February 23, 2009 11:37AM

i beleieve the reason that it apears that less people are in the lobby is if u are playing solo i dont believe your game is shown in the lobby or your username as signed on....

Posted by: GottMenschen ()
Date: February 24, 2009 06:43AM

if you play solo you play solo. And you wont be logged on to the lobby with the rest. If you had read the text under the "Play Game" button you would know.. :)

Posted by: -RIPPE- ()
Date: February 25, 2009 01:32AM

the single player mode would make sense if there were 100+ players online every day... single players get devided from multiplayers and are cut off from any community things going on in the mutiplayer lobby, which has a certain anti-effect for the popularity of the main game.
the change production bug can be seen as a "cancel sent orders" but affects battles a lot if you are willing to play around with it.
all in all the new build is a step back which only offers the graph, a positive addition since most strategy game players like game statistics a lot. bodycounts would be a nice addition too.
the seasonal colors are just a matter of personal taste... i like the trashy look.

Posted by: Tiffany ()
Date: February 25, 2009 04:47AM

"i like the trashy look."
LOL

Is that a universally applied preference Mr Rippe ?

Date: February 25, 2009 02:29PM

Lobby hit 2 players at like 12:00pm yesterday

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.