Gamers' Lounge :  Conqueror! Forum
Arrange meeting times for new games, discuss past games and strategies, socialize with other players. 
Pages: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6
Re: ---results 2 vs 2---
Posted by: empError ()
Date: October 31, 2009 09:42PM

Ulster (Resistante) vs. Muscovy (empError)
&
Grenada (TickTack) vs. Nicaea (Song_Jiang)

I had a fabulous start, taking many lands in the first year. I first met TickTack at Austria, skirmished there while I built up my many lands. Although fighting with few lands initially, SJ held out very well. The loss of a fort in Venetia was a bit disconcerting, but SJ took it back. TT helped Resistante by taking and defending Luxembourg, leading to some misunderstandings between the western nations, who attacked each other there multiple times. Although TT had the best empire on the map, SJ and me had more population than the two western nations together. In turn 34 I got to England, at which point west conceded.

Attachments: ResTT_empSJ.jpg (285.7 KB)  
Options: ReplyQuote
Date: November 02, 2009 07:20PM

In the above game, it was actually SJ who left, after which west called it gg, which I interpreted as an east victory. I'm not completely sure whether they would agree on this, though.

Date: November 05, 2009 02:40PM

Normandy (IceQueen) vs Muscovy (empError)
&
Algiers (Sargon) vs Nicaea (Resistante)

Resistante moved up to a fort in Venetia fairly quickly, to defend it vs. Ice. He launched some attacks in the direction of France in early game. Sargon, helped by many developed lands in Spain, soon put high pressure on Resistante, though. Helped by Resistante's early attacks, I was a bit stronger than IceQueen. My progress was slow, however, compared to the rapid increase in Sargon's power. Resistante's development lagged to the other players, and soon the game looked lost for east. We played on, however, until Nicaea fell, in turn 47.

Attachments: IceSar_empRes.jpg (283.2 KB)  
Posted by: LikeNoOthers ()
Date: November 10, 2009 11:05AM

England (Godsent) vs Lithuania (Gratis)
&
Morocco (Me) vs Nicaea (Kalle)

Godsent had many +2's, and quickly had many advanced, many lands and good control. While i was fighting around Palestine and Napoli. East was still the stronger team on score though. Godsent held Venetia and Austria (both with forts) So i could get an advanced Roma. West had good control and slowly got stronger, suddenly Gratis got a fine raid on Godsent, but same time i began the "killing stage". :) Attachment shows how it was when east conceded. Greatly played by all players, and funny to try a new map.

Attachments: Goodgame1.JPG (199.4 KB)  
Date: November 20, 2009 02:27PM

Ulster (zacks?/LNO) vs. Livonia (empError)
&
Grenada (Gratis) vs. Nicaea (JaketheSnack)

The first player in Ulster wasn't very strong, and I got the upper hand in the north, when LNO replaced. Gratis got some advantage in the south, and Jake talked about conceding, but we played on, and Jake seemed to hold out well. When I started taking Luxembourg and the lands behind it, Gratis intervened and pushed me back: Gratis appeared to have built up most of France to 100k lands, while the rest of us was mainly at 60/70k. LNO profited by developing Germany well, leaving me in a hopeless position. Gratis stayed stronger than Jake too, and around turn 61, east conceded. West won this one on farming, it seemed.

Attachments: LNOGra_empJtS.jpg (283.7 KB)  
Date: November 22, 2009 07:37AM

Won on farming.. True.. And if im no wrong, then it was Klats in Ulster

Posted by: IceQueen ()
Date: November 24, 2009 01:32PM

Ulster (empError) vs. Prussia (Resistante)
&
Aragon (MrBeatnik) vs. Nicaea (godsent)

Initially, at the confrontation between east and west, things went well for east. This prevented Beatnik from taking a clear lead, and in the north, Resistante got to England by turn 20. I thought I was doomed, and that I had to rely on Beatnik for a victory. Resistante confronted MrBeatnik around Austria. Beatnik assisted me by taking Rhineland, while growing many lands to 90k. Luck changed for both Beatnik and me, and we chose the offensive. Surprisingly quickly, I had the lead in north, helped by a couple of times that Resistante ran out of money in winter. Beatnik took control of all of Italy. In turns 44/45 I could take Poland and Podolia, and east conceded.

Attachments: Beatn2.JPG (126.2 KB)  
Date: November 24, 2009 01:47PM

Northumberland (godsent) vs. Muscovy (Resistante)
&
Grenada (MrBeatnik) vs. Serbia (empError)

Beatnik didn't mind playing vs. Serbia, so we tried it. After a few years, I had twice the number of Beatnik's lands, and he wanted to concede. Godsent wanted to continue, however, and so we did. Beatnik developed well, and farmed up to 80k, on average. My surplus of lands would give me the advantage in the end anyway. In the north, Resistante got almost as strong as godsent as time passed by. At some point, I got to Normandy in autumn, with a chance of taking England in winter. At that point, west conceded.

Attachments: Resist2.JPG (145 KB)  
Date: November 24, 2009 04:33PM

Come with the last game we had! - As i have already forgotten the details.. We did have another game, right? :)

EDIT: now i remember it, but since i "just" replaced, you shold tell it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2009 04:35PM by LikeNoOthers.

Date: November 25, 2009 11:42AM

Patience, my friend. Here it is:

Ulster (ghost/MrBeatnik) vs. Rex (Lithuania)
&
Aquitaine (godsent) vs. Nicaea (empError)

Godsent quickly took developed Provence and Rome, threatening to take +2 Napoli before I could get there. Rex expanded well, and could run through ghost's coastal lands, while bothering godsent around Burgundy, and also at Venetia. After a while, ghost was replaced by MrBeatnik. Although his situation looked pretty bad, he claimed to have a plan, and in a few turns he was contesting Germany with Rex. I developed my lands well, but godsent got stronger and stronger, pushing me out of Africa. Some large armies secured Italy for him, too. Beatnik got control of Germany, and entered Poland in turn 46/47. At that point, east conceded. It seems like MrBeatnik turned this game around.

Attachments: Beatn2.JPG (126.2 KB)  
Date: November 27, 2009 06:28PM

Wrong pic. :) And it was a brilliant plan! The best one ever! Even Master would have lost vs that plan!

Posted by: Master ()
Date: November 27, 2009 07:32PM

You have clearly forgotten murphy's first law:

"The Master never loses".

Date: November 28, 2009 08:27AM

Here's the right pic.

As I made stats based on the posts so far, I think I'll start anew with this thread.

Attachments: Rex.JPG (139.1 KB)  
Pages: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.