Gamers' Lounge :  forum
Arrange meeting times for new games, discuss past games and strategies, socialize with other players. 
Pages: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6
Re: ---results 2 vs 2---
Posted by: empError ()
Date: July 25, 2009 12:46AM

Hanover (empError) & Lithuania (V_M_Molotov)
vs.
Aragon (Oz) & Napoli (King_Kent)

Interesting game, with best starts for KK and myself. After a while, Oz and Molotov became the strongest on the map. Oz started pouring out large armies, regularly taking a fort in England, which was vital for me. Molotov, however, overran Kent's initially vast empire, and took Napoli while my cap was under siege. See attach...

Attachments: empMolotov_OzKK.JPG (262.8 KB)  
Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: LikeNoOthers ()
Date: July 25, 2009 07:22AM

> Muriel got the better in south, where l4g replaced
> LNO.

Was fair when i left :p

Date: July 25, 2009 09:36AM

Wales (Lancelot) vs Muscovy (LNO)
&
Grenada (Sargon) vs Nicaea (empError)

This was an interesting game. Both LNO and me got the upper hand in the end, so west conceded. I felt like it could have gone the other way just as easily. Maybe I won because I advanced critical lands a bit earlier, but Sargon soon caught up, and grew more population. Maybe I was just lucky with my 1st turns. Sargon also missed a turn (Orders missing from 1 player), for reasons that are not clear.

See attach for situation when west conceded.

Attachments: LanceSarg_LNOEmp.JPG (149.5 KB)  
Posted by: LikeNoOthers ()
Date: July 25, 2009 01:55PM

West: Ulster (Oz), Grenada (LNO)

vs

East: Lithuania (Rex), Greece (Hubert/Reme)

Its a clear east favored map.. But turn 20 it was pretty equal.. Hubert had some connection problems, and after 2 ai turns, Reme took over.. I had a clear advantage in south, while it was pretty equal in north still.. Somehow, Rex totally overrun Oz. While i was taking Napoli and sometimes Macedonia.. But it was lost, since Rex was now my size, and Reme much stronger than Oz. The attachment shows the game about 5 turns after west conceded.

Attachments: Unavngivet.JPG (209.1 KB)  
Date: July 27, 2009 08:48AM

This one we played crossed, as east-west seemed very unfair to me. Also crossed, we had an advantage, as Grenada was quite far away to save Lithuania. Sargon wanted to give it a shot, and so we did.

Scotland (Superfontane) & Macedonia (empError)
vs.
Lithuania (airmidlein) & Grenada (Sargon)

I was crossing air's lands from the start, giving him no chance to advance his cap. Sargon came towards me, but could only reach Venetia to make a few attacks on Dalmatia. Super came down to threaten his supply lines, and would kill air once he was advanced. Air & Sargon wisely conceded at turn 21.

Maybe it would be worth a try with the players reversed, although Grenada still seems far away. Aragon might be better.

Date: July 27, 2009 09:05AM

Forgot the screenshot.

Attachments: SargAir_FontEmp.jpg (277.1 KB)  
Date: July 27, 2009 10:37AM

Ulster (FlashGordon) vs Podolia (V_M_Molotov)
&
Aquitaine (gun) vs Nicaea (empError)

gun had many rebellions at the start, costing him some armies. Flash broke through Tov's defenses at Muscovy early in the game, pillaging his beloved Russia. Tov got on top of it, and became the stronger power in the north.

Gun was slow to develop Provence and other lands, and I could easily take a fort in Rome, which caused gun many troubles. After Tov cleared some of gun's larger armies at Helvetica, and both him and me started pushing forward, it was clear that east would win, and west conceded.

Attachments: FlashGun_MolEmp.jpg (286.6 KB)  
Date: July 27, 2009 01:29PM

Ulster (airmidlein) vs. Lithuania (Sargon)
&
Aragon (Hubert/hallali/Sovereign) vs. Nicaea empError)

Hubert displayed an amazing development, sky-rocketing his population in no time. Not only my opinion, hallali and Sov were also impressed by the population. I was lucky to have many +2 lands, which helped me hold out, although I was driven back from Tunis to Macedonia in 3 or 4 turns. In the north, Sargon was beating air to pieces, however. Hubert ran out of laptop-battery, and was replaced. Sargon helped out in my re-capturing and then defending Venetia, and from then on kept spending moves in central Europe. This probably prolonged the game, as he should have been able to knock out air with ease. After a while, I could also move forward again, and west conceded.

But Hubert was really impressive. I think he will be a real challenge for Master this year, in the tournament.

Attachments: airHubert_SargEmp.jpg (272.6 KB)  
Posted by: Hubic Hair ()
Date: July 27, 2009 04:04PM

I'll send you the money we agreed on for you to say this when the banks open tomorrow.

Attachments: excuse_me.jpg (46.3 KB)  
Posted by: live4games ()
Date: July 28, 2009 07:23AM

xerxes (idk) & l4g (muscovy)
VS
master/sargon (idk) & airmidlein (ulster)

it was east vs west and great EAST WON! (me l4g & xerxes)=winner!
master left in turn ?30-40? and sargon replaced him but that doesnt matter, it was already over bc i was to big in this game they had no chance!

Posted by: Master ()
Date: July 28, 2009 10:52AM

MAP: Castile, ulster vs nic, mus.
Xerxes and airmidlein were doing well in the beginning. Xerxes was all over the map and made a lot of armies because of some dev lands and +1 dev + fort in Venetia.
Airmidlein seemed to have the advantage in Skandinavia, but live4games had +2 in prussia, podolia and poland so he gained the advantage later on.
I had some luck in Africa and I was able to keep Xerxes from +1 dev 60 k in Sicilia and I gained the advantage at turn 30.
I was able to keep live4games away because of a keep in Rhineland, but soon he send 110 armies against it, and it was lost.
I left about turn 40 and I think it was over by then.

GG and good fight.

Date: July 31, 2009 10:33AM

Ulster (empError) vs Podolia (indage)
&
Provence (godsent) vs Nicaea (live4games)

We expected a walkover for west, but it turned out to be an interesting game. L4g was a bit unlucky with 5 local armies in Greece, at the start. Indage was unknown to us, but he developed well, with primacy on a line Poland-Bohemia-Rhineland, from where he threatened godsent's Helvetica, and my Luxembourg. He was late, and a bit unlucky, to take a fort in Finland, so I had more control in Scandinavia. Indage sent some armies south to godsent, messing him up. We could then push him back, and at that time, east was considering conceding. But right then, I was short of money, and lost over 40 armies in Saxony, and a few more at other places. I really underestimated how far away I was from Germany, compared to indage. That gave indage the opportunity to send another large army down to godsent, and I was pushed back a bit. At that point, east looked stronger, with the scores in south about equal, and indage quite a bit stronger than me. Indage came up to Scotland, and even Northumberland, and I struggled to hold on to England and Holland. This bit I cleared up, and godsent helped a bit at Rhineland and Bohemia, after which indage was back at Finland and Poland again. In the meantime, a similar scenario had happened in the south, where l4g paid much to defend a fort in Venetia, and was pushed back, losing Macedonia. Around this point, east conceded.

Attachments: gsEmp_indL4g.jpg (283.2 KB)  
Date: July 31, 2009 10:34AM

I forgot a detail:

Godsent took Nicaea.

Date: August 02, 2009 11:33AM

Ulster (empError) vs Muscovy (Rex)
&
Aquitaine (Rrrrr) vs Nicaea (Adrien)

I had a good start, and had some luck with 1st moves, when I met Rex in Germany. I could advance my lands pretty comfortably, and was in a good position to win the battle in the north. Rrrrr was experiencing difficulty with Adrien, however, so I sent out some armies to Austria, threatening Dalmatia. I also got to Poland a few times, and once got through to Ukraine. At that time I also pushed through at Finland, and I may have failed to notice a cap chance at Muscovy (still not sure about that). Adrien was slowly pushing rrrrr back further and further, and bothered me at Luxembourg and Rhineland. I gathered up a large army in Scandinavia, but in winter Rex retreated from Finland. Although I saw that danger, I hoped to find enough money to support 80 armies there, to take Muscovy after that, but alas, I lost about 45 of them. Slowly, I was also pushed back, and at turn 61 west conceded.

Date: August 02, 2009 11:34AM

forgot the screenshot...

Attachments: empRrr_RexAdr.jpg (295.1 KB)  
Date: August 03, 2009 09:02AM

Northumberland (empError) vs Lithuania (Superfontane)
&
Grenada (james) vs Greece (Dawn)

East, in particular Dawn (Adrien) had better starts than west. I didn't go for 3 armies in a fort in Norway, leaving a 40k developed Sweden to Fontane. I did get a good development towards Germany, though, and for a while I caught op with Fontane's score.

Dawn got to rule in Italy, and supported Fontane in Germany and Luxembourg, eventually pushing me back. Norway was also lost, once I got it, and it was clear that west would lose, especially when Dawn also took all of Africa. James seemed to get up on his feet a bit, then, but I guess Dawn was just fooling around a bit then.

Northumberland fell in turn 43, and west finally conceded.

Attachments: empJam_fontDawn.jpg (283 KB)  
Date: August 15, 2009 11:55AM

Ulster (empError) vs Lithuania (nicklas-dk)
&
Grenada (Hubert) vs Greece (muriel)

Muriel started out better than Hubert, and my start was a little better then nick's. I got to 40k dev Saxony first, and held it for quite some time. Also in Scandinavia I did well, taking Sweden and Denmark, while 6 armies in Finland kept nick back. Muriel, having a lead in south, started to help nick, by taking Luxembourg. This didn't bother me too much, while Hubert caught up with muriel. A little later, nicklas managed to get through my defenses at Lux, Norm, England, Wales. Although muriel felt like he was losing at that time, nick's progress bore some concern to west. He had more culture than me, but I had more population. ubert helped me out by taking Lux for a while. After nick's pioneers had resolved, the situation in the north settled in an about equal split (still advantage nick), while Hubert got more and more powerful in the south. East conceded in turn 45.

Date: August 15, 2009 11:57AM

Forgot the attach. Situation one turn after the end of the game.

Attachments: HubEmp_nckMur.jpg (293 KB)  
Date: August 16, 2009 09:53AM

Ulster (skuzzlebutt) vs Prussia (empError)
&
Grenada (hst) vs Crete (Adrien)

skuzzle claimed to be no noob, but he wasn't very impressive. He farmed his cap to 50k, and did not advance it. Also, I had the best expansion of all, despite some though locals. Although hst looked strong in south, he conceded, and skuzzle left. Skuzzle wouldn't have lasted long anyway.

Didn't think it worth taking a screenshot.

Date: August 17, 2009 11:58AM

Ulster (empError) vs. Lithuania (KeyserSoze)
&
Grenada (Ponytail) vs. Nicaea (nerox)

My expansion was pretty fast, compared to the others, despite the European coast all building troops. I confronted Keyser at Rhineland-Bohemia, and had advantage for a long time, while he was steadily advancing the culture of his lands. Ponytail got stronger in the south, and slowly pushed nerox back. After his lands were advanced, Keyser pushed my back a bit, and he got most of Germany, and he advanced Sweden. He overtook me in the score, but Ponytail helped a bit in central Europe, while he pushed nerox back further, taking all of Africa, and pressuring Dalmatia and Macedonia. East conceded turn 39/40.

Pages: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.