Gamers' Lounge :  forum
Arrange meeting times for new games, discuss past games and strategies, socialize with other players. 
Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: The CT2009 Discussion Board
Posted by: -RIPPE- ()
Date: June 02, 2009 02:29AM

to answer the requests of hubic schope and tiff i had to think hard about how to handle it.

in the end, i think the best will be to keep jason talleyrand and capslock disqualified.

hubic hair aka nomen_nescio aka jason aka capslock aka talleyrand posted it himself:

"Re: The CT2009 Discussion Board
Posted by: Nomen_Nescio ()
Date: May 28, 2009 05:10AM

How about before every game an IP check is made where every player has to sign in with an unregistered name like "Rippe2" so it is logged and checked against all the other players. Problem solved."

i did nothing else, xuul checked the IPs logged in the forum and the disqualified persons came out to have the same IP number.

if you are really not guilty of fooling us conquerors i feel very sorry but i simply do not trust you. maybe using diffrent names in the forum made me think that way...

schopenhauer is using an alias too and it would be nice to hear who he really is to give him a chance.

tiffany had a month time to sign up and was unable to sign up in time, but i would accept her to late-join the tournament.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: : ()
Date: June 02, 2009 02:36AM

Dear Rippe

It doesn't hurt giving hubert and his homies a chance. I've played vs Jason before, and he really sucks. Why would Hubert pretend to be bad, it's almost impossible playing bad on purpose, as its just pure waste of time. Tif and Schopenhauer signed in before it should have been closed, so i think they deserve to be in. Schopenhauer is Gottmenshcen btw. If it turns out that jason is good, then it's just fair that he gets banned from the tournament, and same with cAPSLOCK, but i doubt he is lying about his story. It would be so easy to tell if it's 3 huberts... I can understand you dont trust him, but come on give him a chance to prove you wrong.. But in the end i will respect your decision.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2009 02:41AM by Adrien.

Posted by: Hubic Hair ()
Date: June 02, 2009 03:05AM

So Rippe has said he'll let me and only me back in if I get 10 people in the tournament to agree to it. So I need 9 more after Adrien.

Care to post your suppost please people?

Thanks.

Capslock and Jason can just play Xbox.

Posted by: acro ()
Date: June 02, 2009 04:16AM

I think Schopenhauer and Tiffany should be allowed in the tournament.

With regards to the Hubert/Jason/Capslock/Talleyrand/Nomennescio affair, I am going to vote neither for nor against, the reasons being as follows.

If it is the case that several players are playing on the same router, then I do sympathise, especially as I personally have persuaded my brother to join the tournament, who hadn't played for about a year and isn't really recognised by most. In fact, brighteyes has already decided to try and spread a rumour that my brother is an alias of me. If four distinct players really have entered once each and once only, and been disqualified, then that is a shame.

However, Hubert is somewhat to blame for his own situation for failing to be transparent throughout. No-one really knows for sure who Hubert is, and he seems to enjoy messing about with aliases, which is obviously going to bring about further suspicion in such circumstances as these.

It is up to other players to decide, but as I don't know, I will not be voting either way.

Posted by: brighteyes ()
Date: June 02, 2009 04:19AM

if u let hubert in u most let in tschop and tiff who legitimately have a reason to be in...

Date: June 02, 2009 04:48AM

non of them have a legitimate reason to be in, but as i posted before, this tournament aint no Reichsparteitag! still i dont trust hubert.

Posted by: Tiffany ()
Date: June 02, 2009 04:51AM

Only teasing Rippe, just glad to see you are scared of my lawyers.
I would only have been 1st round cannon fodder if i joined anyway, best not mess your fixture list just to prove that.
The only loss to the tournament is Izzle's departure a definite contender for the trophy.
And remember Rippe, All the best competitions begin and end in controversy. Don't assume it is a certainty you will end this one as cleanly as last year. It could just as easily end as 'Three Champions and a Funeral.'
Bringing order to a universe of chaos is never an easy task....Good luck with your stewardship and good luck to all contenders.... May the best man or woman win !

Date: June 03, 2009 02:51AM

ok since hubert got 10 players speaking for him, i random picked those players who were waiting for a seat:

hubert vs bleak1994
tiffany vs rippe
schopenhauer vs nelson
brighteyes vs rakabalon

thats it.

jason and capslock stay out.

Posted by: Hubic Hair ()
Date: June 03, 2009 03:00AM

Well, I can see in what way it can be interpreted from the outside so I accept the ruling. Thanks Rippe. Let's get on with the real business now, CONQUEROR TOURNAMENT 2009!

Posted by: Scum ()
Date: June 04, 2009 04:27AM

Can a 2 or 3 week period be implemented for the first round?

The first round is the round with the most battles. It is also the round that the least active players are still in.

Date: June 04, 2009 05:58AM

sure jynx, as last year i set 2 weeks for round 1 knowing that it will take at least 3.

Date: June 04, 2009 07:41AM

Dear Mr Rippe,
Knowing you live in darkest Germany and measure your year by the life cycle of the animals you hunt, could I trouble you to fix a date for our game based not on the rot rate of the boar carcass that hangs over your bed but rather by use of the Gregorian calendar and Greenwich Mean Time which i and most of the civilized world find easier.
I am available Saturday afternoon if that is at all convenient ....assuming you have skinned the squirrels and pegged out the skins by then, perhaps you could join me in battle.
Yours Cordially,
Tiffany Fairweather.

Date: June 04, 2009 10:46AM

frau tiffany,
your karkasse will look good over mein bett.
saturday ist gut
oberst schweinewetter

Date: June 06, 2009 05:33AM

sorry tiffany but i cant even get into the lobby, somehow shockwave messed up! when will it be possible for you to start a retry, since i have to get it running?

Date: June 10, 2009 06:21AM

My Dearest Rippe,
I am sorry we could not 'get it on' last weekend. My anticipation of our bout was matched only by my disappointment in your failure to 'stay the course'.
I know your 'freezing up' is one many men on here have suffered from at one point or another. Please let me assure you it is nothing to be ashamed of. I certainly do not hold anything against you. Perhaps the excitement got to you as well.
I do hope you have corrected your 'little problem' and find yourself once again able to lock horns with me soon.
Yes do bring your sister with you again if she makes you feel more comfortable. I will be doing everything i can to put you at your ease and hopefully we will have no repetition of your previous 'shortcomings'.
Looking forward to a successful denouement,
Your devoted friend,
Tiffany Fairweather.

Posted by: hallali ()
Date: June 10, 2009 06:50AM

Looking forward to it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2009 06:51AM by hallali.

Date: June 18, 2009 02:23AM

ahh every night i watch the shadows on my cavewall drawn by the flames of victory burning in tiffanys carcass high above my bed. never thought that a tiffany lamp could spread so much joy...

Date: June 18, 2009 03:08PM

Eloise 18.02.2009 to 13.06.2009
R.I.P.
[www.youtube.com]

Date: June 19, 2009 01:17AM

the eloise i fought was this one

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Captain Planet ()
Date: June 19, 2009 04:24AM

HA "Die Rippe"

Attachments: Ripper.JPG (38.3 KB)  
Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.