Gamers' Lounge :  forum
Arrange meeting times for new games, discuss past games and strategies, socialize with other players. 
Crashing Browser
Posted by: sixamplayer ()
Date: May 03, 2009 01:34PM

For some reason I suddenly can't seem to stay connected in a game anymore. I was playing just fine yesterday no issues, but today as soon as somebody makes a move whatever browser I am using crashes.

I have tried: Firefox, IE, and Chrome. All of them are the most recent versions.
I did get a message at one point saying that my Shockwave plugin in no longer working, but even after installing Shockwave I can't seem to play... I just no longer get that plugin message.

Any suggestions?

If not then I guess I won't be playing Conq. for awhile

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Crashing Browser
Posted by: Tiffany ()
Date: May 03, 2009 03:30PM

yeah i got same problem , It allows about 4 or six moves at most then freezes.

it started for me when i downloaded the latest version of Shockwave. 11.5 .
if your PC automatically allowed the download it may be that is the same problem for you and you didn't notice it.
Not sure what can be done, I have removed it and tried to find the old Shockwave 11.3 but had no success as each download i find is actually the new 11.5.
I find i cans still play the most basic conq version but even there i have frequent errors and crashes occurring.

Pity as i was planning to win the Conqueror Tournament this year too .

Posted by: sixamplayer ()
Date: May 03, 2009 09:17PM

yeah I see what you mean. I came to the conclusion it was that version as well, but I cannot seem to downgrade and all of the downloaders I can find give me the most recent version. Which is not compatible with the most recent build of Conq.

11.0.3 or bust.

Funny, you'd think that newer versions would be reasonably backwards compatible. Guess that just doesn't apply here.

Posted by: ghost. ()
Date: May 24, 2009 01:40AM

Did you guys manage to sort out the problem?
If so could you tell me as it has began to effect me. As soon as someone attacks with 4 or more armies my browser crashes

Posted by: acro ()
Date: May 24, 2009 01:48AM

I think this may have been the problem with the new shockwave? Best take a look at the bug reports forum.

While you're on the forums, sign up for CT09!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.