Gamers' Lounge :  Conqueror! Forum
Arrange meeting times for new games, discuss past games and strategies, socialize with other players. 
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Game Leavers
Posted by: Squeegie ()
Date: May 18, 2009 09:08PM

Running tab since 18 May
Sirbela (1)
Brighteyes (1)

**Left without team consensus, finding a replacement, or good reason.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2009 09:13PM by Squeegie.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Game Leavers
Posted by: sixamplayer ()
Date: May 18, 2009 11:06PM

not sure i have played with either one of them. maybe they are new and aren't familiar with typical ettiquette

Posted by: Schopenhauer ()
Date: May 19, 2009 03:12AM

I know that brighteyes is an alias.. or im almost certain about it..

But im guilty myself.. Left a 3vs3 the other day. Left because of bad luck and bad ratios (11 in mold, 6 in bulgaria, 6am attacked with 2 armies and killed 6), and 6am being able to use it .. ;) Im a poor loser and for that i apoligize.

Posted by: acro ()
Date: May 19, 2009 03:54AM

sixamplayer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> not sure i have played with either one of them.
> maybe they are new and aren't familiar with
> typical ettiquette

Maybe there were legitimate reasons this time, but the idea is that you update the tab every time someone leaves a game, so when it gets to ****** (18), you know there's no excuse.

Good idea squeegie.

Posted by: -RIPPE- ()
Date: May 19, 2009 05:03AM

its a pain to see people censor themselves, man you are free! speak as free men/women do!

Posted by: Paars ()
Date: May 19, 2009 05:57AM

I know Sirbela, he didnt use to be the type to just leave a game. Sure it wasnt just an internet drop?

Date: May 19, 2009 06:59AM

Paars, my previous post is a perfect reply to your question :)

And Rippe, that wasn't self-censorship, it was more of an <insertnamehere>, because I don't yet know what that name will be.

Date: May 19, 2009 08:37AM

Paars Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I know Sirbela, he didnt use to be the type to
> just leave a game. Sure it wasnt just an internet
> drop?

Sirbela said it was over... He personally was in a bad spot but his teammates wanted to continue.

Brighteyes had really bad luck. He left without a word when things got realy bad. But he left the game before leaving the site so it was pretty clear what he did. This game was far from over.

I do encourage open chat about the leaves from players, the leavers and the peanut gallery.

Posted by: -RIPPE- ()
Date: May 19, 2009 08:40AM

its better players leave, then stay and wreck a game crying over 30 turns this game is lost blabla, like fucknbeans did.

Date: May 19, 2009 09:02AM

Awww, no more editing old posts :(

Running tab since 18 May
Sirbela (1)
Brighteyes (1)

**Left without team consensus, finding a replacement, or good reason.

Reeperbot (1)

**Looked like connection loss, didn't return

Posted by: LikeNoOthers ()
Date: May 19, 2009 01:04PM

Game leavers sucks.. Just because of bad luck, doesn't mean you have the rights to leave.. But i do understand if 1, very unfair teams.. 2, clearly lost, but teammates are too noobish to see it.. 3, have to leave, but not even time to give a warning or reason.. (It is still reallife before conqlife)

Posted by: brighteyes ()
Date: May 19, 2009 01:14PM

yes i left the game last night and i apologize, i did not leave bc of bad luck though, my devlopement was better then my opponents and there was still a good chance that i would have won i left bc a friend came over, black list me all you want for that but this game will not come before my social life

i will not play 3v3 if it means so much to you, they feel a bit like a conqueror orgy anyway with everyone flopping all over each other,

i prefer 1v1
again i apologize

Posted by: : ()
Date: May 19, 2009 02:49PM

So cause you had a friend who came over you couldnt bother 1-2 mins to find a replacement. U are a fucking disgrase to the honor of this game!
I'd like to add myself to the list btw.

Date: May 19, 2009 02:51PM

I totally understand the real-life over conqueror thing, I'm sure everyone does, but if you know something might come up in advance, then don't join a 3v3: it's not fair on 5 other people who don't want to waste their time. Also, people should really try to find replacements, or at the very least, say "I'm really sorry guys but I really have to go". I think that if you spend 5-10 minutes looking for a replacement and then leave, no-one is going to really blame you as everyone can relate to that. And of course in real emergencies, again no-one will blame you.

But please remember that you are playing with real people and it is only polite to make sure you don't ruin their game to suit yourself. As said before, I would not be annoyed if someone tries to find a replacement and can't, but if they just leave with no warning, then I consider that to be selfish.

Posted by: LikeNoOthers ()
Date: May 19, 2009 02:51PM

Yeah, and for how many times, Adrien?? :p

Posted by: : ()
Date: May 20, 2009 08:49AM

10+ atleast!

Posted by: sixamplayer ()
Date: May 23, 2009 05:08PM

haha Adrien. That's brutal. I only laugh because I have to wonder why you even bother joining when you don't care enough to play it out. Some of the very best team games I have played had huge swings in luck and fortune for multiple players and effected the whole map.

Games would get boring if everybody just decided at turn 10 whether or not they were developed enough, had enough armies, out matched... whatever and just left.

Date: May 24, 2009 10:42PM

As the starter of this thread, I'll respond to the negative comments above (negative the way I read them atleast):

Acro put it well when he said that people who leave often will be taken notice of. I have left games too. And there have been a few times in my Conq career that I haven't had time to find a sub, and all of those times I took the 5-10 seconds to appologize before leaving. I don't think anyone here would prefer that I not join a game due to the small chance I will leave it.... but there is a point where if you're too likely to leave, the other players would prefer you not join in the first place.

Additionally; Unless there is a fire in your house or you get a call that you dad is dying, I can't think of many things in life that won't wait 5 seconds for you to type "I'm sorry I really have to go". That lets the others know 1) You didn't leave in a hissy fit and more importantly 2) They should look for a sub immediately.

Date: May 25, 2009 03:36AM

Agreed Squeegie. I think that's what annoys me the most, when people just leave without saying a word. It's a shame how selfish some people are.

Posted by: Adriano ()
Date: May 25, 2009 04:12AM

Well in some cases it's better to just leave! I once fell asleep during a team game :p I remember I was Ulster and DeWulf and Squeegie were my teammates, and when I woke up after a few hours my colour was gone and 5 AI's were fighting eachother :) I'm not sure if I ever apologized for that, so sorry guys :)

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.