Gamers' Lounge :  forum
Arrange meeting times for new games, discuss past games and strategies, socialize with other players. 
Pages: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5
Re: Does God excist?
Posted by: jenny ()
Date: May 31, 2009 02:12PM

hubert told me he lived in western NY.... and then posted he's sharing a flat with 5 guys...

we all know that in western NY there are No "flats" we have apartments houses or studios to rent no flats though

he is not from western NY.... he lied to me!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Does God excist?
Posted by: Hubic Hair ()
Date: May 31, 2009 03:47PM

Sweet jenny, I also said I was from Somalia and that I was Adriano. I also said I have a penis the size of a which a horse would be proud. I admit I don't, mine is quite within average bounds. Also I don't share a flat with 5 guys, I share it with 3 guys and 1 girl. And no we don't do nasty things to her because its 4 vs 1 and I'm shocked that you would ask that.

Your detective skills are obviously trained by CSI:Miami but in this case there is nothing sinister. Just a joke that backfired on me. Sorry.

Although that said, I did hear alot of shouting from the flat upstairs last week and now there is an awful smell coming from under the door...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Does God excist?
Posted by: sixamplayer ()
Date: June 01, 2009 11:16PM

Schopenhauer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> And does god excist..? We got one big proof of
> that. Adam.
> God created Adam in his own image and made him
> perfect, thereby making all men perfect. So the
> perfection of men are the proof of god excisting.
> And then Jenny and Hallali would wonder "what
> about Eve" .. well read the bibel. Eve was created
> from one of Adams bones. Meaning she and the rest
> of the women only got a small percentage of Mens
> perfection..
>
> Nature cant make something so perfect, so it must
> have been god..

My beliefs

If anybody could actually prove that the bible was accurate in it's story telling thousands of years after the fact I would find this sort of argument far more compelling. As for the telling of stories I have read many books that use references of real places to establish a feeling of familiarity and general acceptance of the concepts the author wishes to convey.

That being said I do believe in a higher power or god if you will.

Humankind invented God and will likely not outgrow the need to find purpose in their lives through that belief anytime soon.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Does God excist?
Posted by: Paars ()
Date: June 02, 2009 01:02AM

There is absolutely no reason to believe such a thing as 'god' excists.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Does God excist?
Posted by: acro ()
Date: June 02, 2009 01:06AM

Or to summarise six, if you want to give reasons why God exists, the bible is not the best place to start.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Does God excist?
Posted by: LikeNoOthers ()
Date: June 02, 2009 02:08AM

Im a Googlenist. I believe Google is the true and only god.. I pray often, and she usually got the answers..

Prove: [www.google.dk]√łgning&meta=&aq=0&oq=the+answer

[www.thechurchofgoogle.org] - Pray to Google, and she will answer!

Lets all pray!

Our Google, who art in cyberspace,
Hallowed be thy domain.
Thy search to come,
Thy results be done,
On 127.0.0.1 as it is in the Googleplex.
Give us this day our daily searches,
And forgive us our spam,
As we forgive those who spam against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
But deliver us from Microsoft.
For thine is the search engine,
And the power,
And the glory,
Forever and ever.
Amen.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2009 02:24AM by LikeNoOthers.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Does God excist?
Posted by: Schopenhauer ()
Date: June 02, 2009 07:00AM

Well said LNO, well said my son.. :) Amen.

But Paars can you give me proof that God doesnt excist.?
Until anyone can find proof of that i will still believe, not like a fanatic, but still..

Besides there a many things in life which we can not explain, so why shouldnt we just use God as an explanation.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Does God excist?
Posted by: Paars ()
Date: June 02, 2009 08:20AM

I disquilify pretty much anything which has no proven evidence. Anyone can make up a story but without solid backup I'm not going to believe it. If people like to believe well whatever makes them happy.

By the way im a big James Randi fan, I don't believe in any supernatural woo woo or homeopathy for that matter. ;)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Does God excist?
Posted by: LikeNoOthers ()
Date: June 02, 2009 09:00AM

So, you dont believe in any of the theories of the creation of the earth, the sun, etc..?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Does God excist?
Posted by: Paars ()
Date: June 02, 2009 10:08AM

I do believe in Evolution theory and the Big Bang.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2009 10:14AM by Paars.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Does God excist?
Posted by: Scum ()
Date: June 02, 2009 12:15PM

Big Bang makes no sense to me. You got nothing, then BOOM!, random bang from nothing. Just makes zero fucking sense. Nothing ... POP! ... Something. Magic! You don't see it, Now you do!!! TUDAH!

Evolution theory is true. Doesn't prove god doesn't exist though.

God also doesn't make sense, and I only said he existed to piss off hallali, who didn't even reply, most likely to piss me off. Backfired, damnit.

I believe God will come back in 10 years and be like "Where the fuck is my money bitch? I gave you LIFE! You think that shit was free?"

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Does God excist?
Posted by: Master ()
Date: June 02, 2009 12:23PM

and I am superman...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Does God excist?
Posted by: Paars ()
Date: June 02, 2009 12:39PM

Well try wikipedia some stuff about big bang theory then;). Cuz you're reaction looks like you're still looking within our human boundries, such as time. btw big bang theory doesnt nessecarily have to be true, but it makes more sense to me then god stuff.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Does God excist?
Posted by: Tiffany ()
Date: June 02, 2009 01:25PM

Paars you are so wise...... I too was deeply confused with the Big Bang theory because it is so hard to view outside of a time reference but yeah like Einstein says space and time cannot be separated so not only space and matter began with the Big Bang but time also.
So there was no time before it when there was nothing.
But I guess then it is not accurate to talk about the Big Bang as having a beginning at all , which is i think what physicists are beginning to come to realize. In which case the whole notion and name Big Bang will eventually become defunct.
Though if like a good many suspect the reason the Big Bang makes no sense and that at the quantum and sub atomic levels the laws of physics fail is because our entire universe is just a super advanced simulation.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Does God excist?
Posted by: Hubic Hair ()
Date: June 02, 2009 01:27PM

The cake is a Lie.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Does God excist?
Posted by: Paars ()
Date: June 02, 2009 02:12PM

laws of physics fail lots of times, outside the earth and on atomic level.

edit:

By the way I might have to review last 2 posts in the morning because of the beer at the moment and all.

Love you all!



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2009 02:13PM by Paars.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Does God excist?
Posted by: sixamplayer ()
Date: June 02, 2009 05:04PM

Paars Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> laws of physics fail lots of times, outside the
> earth and on atomic level.
>


Quite right our accepted "laws" of physics really only apply to very little and most of that is what we can experience here on earth at a non-microscopic level, the further away we get from Earth the more we have to adjust our calculations.

Personally I find the whole "which came first" the chicken or the egg argument amusing.

If there's no god then who/what created existence?
If there is a god then who/what created them?

I there was a big bang what was there before that?
I like the theory that it was a huge ball of really dense mass that had such a huge gravity field because of it's mass that is sucked every particle of existence onto itself and have repeated the process of explosion implosion many times.

I also like the theory that our perceived flow of time is directly related to the size and strength of our nearest black-hole in the Milkyway. Relativity takes on a whole different meaning.

In Conqueror terms it would be like Master being completely Advanced and at your doorstep with a couple hundred armies on turn 2 since he'd be able to experience 50 turns while you experienced just 1.

In fact I have some theories that this effect may actually be a reality already, just not so extreme.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Does God excist?
Posted by: Scum ()
Date: June 02, 2009 06:06PM

The Big Bang Theory doesn't make sense because of the same exact reason God doesn't make sense. Where did it come from?

God actually makes more sense because you can argue we made him. As an influence in daily choices, he exists to some people. We also killed him, for all you Nietzsche fans ;).

To say either exist in matter though, you are only imposing further questions then answers.

I understand the Big Bang theory, to the extent that I don't care, I understand it. The problem is you can not have nothing, and then there is a fucking shitload of something out of nowhere.

Understand the time/existence dependency. Really that only furthers my argument. You have no time, no existence, no nothing, then everything. Just as fucking whacky as God making the universe in 6 days.

As for removing known applications of time and matter, then you just might as well say there is a god. It's just as looney. It's not scientific at all.

In the end, I'm more concerned with where I am going when I die, I'm thinking the bahamas.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Does God excist?
Posted by: Schopenhauer ()
Date: June 02, 2009 07:21PM

Yeah Big Bang really sounds amazing and beyond my thinking.. Good thing we got those smart guys.. physicists ..

But some of you say, mainly Paars, that god doesnt excist. Perhapse thats right, but when it comes to ones last minutes god does excist. Even Nietzsche fans and people like Paars start believing when their time is out.

Noone can really, 100% prove that god excist or not, but we cant deny that he excist in our minds and souls, no matter what. No matter if you have dedicated your life to science and laugh at all those religious idiots, you will be praying to god when you are dying. And why.?

I believe that many people find comfort in knowing that with God they will go somewhere nice, instead of everything turning black and then BOOM. Nothing..

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Does God excist?
Posted by: Paars ()
Date: June 02, 2009 10:48PM

@Scum: It may not make any sense and yet we are here, now if we don't get how this all hapened god is an easy solution to understand it. And Christian view on this is that god doesn't have a beginning nor an end.
By the way its also hard to understand where the universe stops but the universe is expanding.

@SchopenHauer I always used to believe there were higher powers in some way until I figured out(By coming across James Randi online)that its based on absolutely nothing.In my opinion I don't have to prove that god doesn't exist, I rather want to see prove he exist before I qualify it as possible true(Also if people want to believe in god that's fine by me)
Now I would love to believe that if we die we go somewhere nice, but I can't. I accepted the fact that if we die we're gone and I'm fine by that.
So no, I won't be praying to a god when I'm about to die.

Options: ReplyQuote
Pages: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.