Gamers' Lounge :  forum
Arrange meeting times for new games, discuss past games and strategies, socialize with other players. 
Pages: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: Does God excist?
Posted by: acro ()
Date: June 11, 2009 07:52AM

Jenny, please explain the contradiction to my "little mind".

Now, while I admit my analogy is not ideal, it is by no means idiotic. I will try to explain to you. The state thinks the use of drugs is wrong, but they decide that if they are going to do it anyway, it is best for them to do it as safely as possible and so encourage the use of clean needles. The pope thinks ex-marital sex is wrong, but he decides that if they are going to do it anyway, it is best for them to do it safely and so encourages the use of condoms. As I said, it's not great, but I doubt it's the most ridiculous analogy you've ever heard.

This isn't a contradiction. When I was in secondary school I had a "PSHE day" where we had one session with a woman who told us why we shouldn't do drugs. The following session was with a man who had tried every drug he knew existed, who told us how to do drugs as safely as possible should we choose to do drugs. I personally think this is a good approach, I guess that you will disagree and think that they were contradicting themselves.

Just to clarify Jenny, contraception is not used solely outside of marriage, which is even more reason why he is not contradicting teachings on abstinence. Why can't people abstain before marriage, then after marriage use contraception to control the timing and frequency of children? But this is somewhat missing the point, as the reason they think condoms are bad is nothing to do with abstinence, but because they think condoms themselves are bad as they prevent procreation. This is the view I would like to be changed; I have absolutely nothing against abstinence whatsoever.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Hubic Hair ()
Date: June 11, 2009 08:08AM

because every sperm is sacred.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Schopenhauer ()
Date: June 11, 2009 08:10AM

Haha.. Oh yeah Hubert. Almost forgot that, funny why it havent been brought up before in this topic. So fitting.. :P

Date: June 11, 2009 08:44AM

Hubic Hair Wrote: because every sperm is sacred.

Exactly.

Posted by: jenny ()
Date: June 11, 2009 09:07AM

acro that may be how your school did it but that makes it no less of a contradiction, and the church is not into that type of business.
The church says you are to save sex for marriage. That is their statement, unlike your soft government or school which apparently makes rules and then explains how to properly break them, the church wants their teachings to be straight foward and not contradicting. Now if you choose to turn ur back on the church teachings on premarital sex then you can also ignore their rules on condoms. Because honestly if a youth today does not use a condom it is never because the pope said so but rather because it wasn’t convenient, they don’t like the way it feels or they are just plain lazy. To use the church as a scapegoat is just pathetic.

And as for your contraceptives with in marriage contraceptives are a contradiction to the sacrament of marriage, Not to mention the disastrous effects most contraceptives have on a woman’s health.

The church says with in marriage to use natural family planning if you have a concern about spacing of children etc. A method which is much more effective then any other contraceptive and also has no negative effects on a women’s health.

Date: June 11, 2009 10:11AM

I don't think I can say much more; you are utterly convinced that there is nothing wrong with what the church says, so much so that you will deny scientific facts to sustain this. I see that as a shame. Why is the pope any better informed to say what God wants than anyone else? This is what is bad about religion. Not the believing itself, but the way that it is used by "religious leaders" to control other people and inflict their own beliefs and interpretations upon them. I really do find it sad.

Posted by: jenny ()
Date: June 11, 2009 10:42AM

acro what scientific facts have I denied....

None

because you have based your entire argument off feelings and opinion. I don’t think u have given me a scientific fact so that I could accept it or deny it.

Posted by: LikeNoOthers ()
Date: June 11, 2009 11:35AM

im not sure what you are saying jenny.. Are you against or for the church?

Posted by: Scum ()
Date: June 11, 2009 12:07PM

"Now, while I admit my analogy is not ideal, it is by no means idiotic."

Yes, it was idiotic.

"The state thinks the use of drugs is wrong, but they decide that if they are going to do it anyway, it is best for them to do it as safely as possible and so encourage the use of clean needles."

That was jenny's analogy, not yours. You can look back, or simply deduct it isn't yours because it isn't idiotic.

"I don't think I can say much more"

Yes, please just shut the hell up.

Posted by: Hubic Hair ()
Date: June 11, 2009 01:09PM

What a shock. Atheist debates God with someone religious and end up arguing irrelevantly small details to score points. Atheist and believer don't acknowledge eachothers' arguments and stick stubbornly to their guns without giving an inch. Atheist and believer trade insults and tell eachother to shut up. World keeps turning and hopes a meteor comes again to give this ape species what it deserves.

Date: June 11, 2009 09:02PM

What are jenny and acro even discussing? The use of drugs or the use of condoms. ?

Posted by: Santaclaws ()
Date: June 11, 2009 11:52PM

blablabla.. there is no god, deal with it... i believe in santa tho.

Date: June 14, 2009 02:34AM

Ahhh.. I just got proof that God does excist. I recently read in the danish newspaper that a couple from somewhere had a ticket to that french plane that crashed. lucky for them, they missed their flight and therefore didnt crash and die like the rest.

I believe there must be a god, since this woman was ment to die. A week after the crash of the french plane, which she survived, she was killed in a car accident.

She was ment to die. God ment for her to die one way or another. by plane crash or car crash

Date: June 14, 2009 03:27AM

Sounds like a final destination movie.

Posted by: -RIPPE- ()
Date: June 14, 2009 04:35AM

eh schop i have news for you, you are meant to die too, as everyone else.

Date: June 14, 2009 07:29AM

I know that Rippe. Even though im not dying at all. Im planning on living forever.

But how unlucky can you be. Survive a plane crash just so that you can be killed only a week later in a car crash. coincidence.? i think not. Must be the will of god.

I also believe that Final Destination was actually created by god.

Posted by: : ()
Date: June 15, 2009 03:19AM

Ofcourse i exist.

Date: June 15, 2009 03:27AM

But Adrien you aint god. If you posses any divinity at all you would be. God of ants, always trying to save your people from kids with magnifying glasses. :P

Besides. Im Gott.. :)

Posted by: Captain Planet ()
Date: June 15, 2009 06:16AM

Wow, what a hock of wank. There could be, there may not be and fuck the rest of it.

As for the referencing other sources, ie the bible and science, all written by men therefore flawed. There are no facts. Sort yourselves out.

Pages: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.