Feature Requests (Shockwave) - CLOSED :  forum
Ask for features not currently in the game, or suggest changes in the rules or gameplay that would make for a better game. 
Changes we actually all want 2
Posted by: acro ()
Date: August 08, 2009 01:08AM

To keep the list together:

1. The ability to choose capitals. This is the big one. This would make the admins loved forever. (high priority)

2. The ability to scroll up on the lobby when people are talking. I know this is minor, but I've heard so many people moan about it, and it can't be a big fix? (low priority)

3. A check box at the start of the game that means the game pauses whenever it is not full. This means that during team games, if a player leaves, we can either wait for him to come back or get a replacement, without the AI making moves. An alternative would be a pause button for the host. (medium priority)

4. Implementing the observe feature would be nice, especially in tournaments. (low priority)

5. Clear orders should also clear orders to buy troops. (low priority)

6. New maps would be appreciated, but that's more of a "one day..." thing. (low priority)

7. Update the instructions, to be kind to the newbies, and because some of us are interested in the game mechanics (eg bonus on forts etc.) I appreciate this takes time, but maybe just do a little section every now and then? (low priority)

8. When you click an ad, it opens in a new window. (medium priority)

9. Update the newer version so that it remembers the changes you make when starting a game (eg to game name, time etc.), just like in the old version. (medium priority)

10. Have the ability to zoom out just a bit more so that all countries can be seen at once. Also, zoom out as default at the start of a game, as many more players prefer to be zoomed out than in. (medium priority)

11. No yellow text, either so that it is always black regardless of if you are whispering, or more simply just put yellow a bit further down the list in the order that colours are chosen. I know everyone finds this a nightmare. (medium priority)

12. When you convert production, it should either: (a) disable the buy button, or (b) allow you to buy troops, and you actually get what you pay for in addition to what you would have got otherwise. (medium priority)

13. Could we get it to save our main settings every time we log on, particularly the volume? The sound really annoys me when I log on. Not sure if others would appreciate this too? (medium priority)

14. Tone down the "luck factor", ie the possible variance in outcomes during battles. Something close to what we had before the last major update would be good. This is a very high priority as quite a few players I have spoken to are of the opinion that this is putting people off the game, or making former players quit as it frustrates them more than anything else. (high priority)

15. Allow players to set their "status", eg "afk", "looking for a game", "waiting for someone", "back at 1430" etc. Then when you hover over someone's name, in addition to whether they are in a game and their logon time, you see their status. (low priority)

Please add comments, even if just to say "I agree", or "8 should be high priority" for example.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2009 01:19AM by acro.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Changes we actually all want 2
Posted by: Schopenhauer ()
Date: August 08, 2009 01:19AM

When you click an ad, it opens in a new window. (medium priority)

I would like to say that for some reason when im clicking ads it does open up in a new window.. Im using Google Chrome.

Posted by: MrScientist ()
Date: August 08, 2009 01:32AM

I agree with Acro's post.
Just to emphasize that ability to choose capitals would be so cool that it would not matter if nothing else would be developed.

And the status option would be nice. (or ".. mins since last activity" or so)

Posted by: Hubic Hair ()
Date: August 08, 2009 02:35AM

Listen, this list is great and I'm sure many people will agree with the changes.

However we need to be realistic. Alexey has a job too, he develops applications for the iPhone (Thats if they don't get rejected by Steve Jobs). There is no immeadiate benefit for implementing these changes which I presume to be quite complex on the coding side if it means taking many many hours out of a paid job.

The best thing that could happen is that Alexey delegates the work to some other coding whizz-kid in our community who shows the willingness to do it, Paars springs to mind.

If not these long lists of suggestions will stay just that, suggestions.

Date: August 08, 2009 03:14AM

We are all well aware of that Hubert. I am not saying "Get all these changes done now", I am saying "If ever you have a few hours to spend on conqueror and you're not sure on the best way to spend that time, here's a good reference point of things we'd appreciate most". This isn't pointless.

Posted by: LikeNoOthers ()
Date: August 08, 2009 03:35AM

I cant find my abombs??

And Schopen, it depends on the ad..

And, there is some discussing about ppl and things destroying conqueror.. And as i said in the post, some ppl doesn't answer, maybe due to that they dont know how to use the chat.. I would say:

When the game start, let it start on chat (Very low prio.)

Posted by: Squeegie ()
Date: April 05, 2010 01:50PM

Schopenhauer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> When you click an ad, it opens in a new window.
> (medium priority)
>
> I would like to say that for some reason when im
> clicking ads it does open up in a new window.. Im
> using Google Chrome.

I don't like this one... People clicking on ads is just 1 more advantage pros have over their lesser competators :)

Posted by: Akiran ()
Date: October 27, 2010 02:32PM

ok one more whenever we are in game (mainly host) can not check the status of other players and other games mainly they are paused to the status they were at right after the game was posted.

M-K

Posted by: LikeNoOthers ()
Date: October 28, 2010 04:01AM

You mean the problem: When hosting a game, it wont update the status of other games?

Posted by: Akiran ()
Date: October 28, 2010 01:48PM

lol yeah

M-K

Posted by: ETHANN ()
Date: January 15, 2011 04:07PM

new maps should be top prority along with choosing capitals if u guys cant do this in areasonable amount of time let paars do it he is my friend and i think he will do it

Posted by: Attila ()
Date: February 10, 2011 09:01AM

LOL @ Ethan

Posted by: admin ()
Date: September 08, 2011 10:15AM

Thanks... we'll have some changes in the future... stay tuned!

Date: September 25, 2011 04:13AM

I'd like to highlight 14 again: the luck factor. It's been over two years now since the luck factor was dramatically increased and rather than people getting used to it as a new part of the game, it seems to be annoying people more and more. It is frustrating when you lose because of extreme luck, not skill, and it is frustrating when you win because of extreme luck, not skill. Also, the amount people get annoyed/angered by luck and the amount they moan about it in game/lobby chat brings the mood down somewhat. So as stated in the original post, I, among many others, would love to see a return to pre-2009 levels or similar.

A very big please. :)

I am looking forward to your next announcement with the exciting news, it's great to see you're still working on the game and I'll be very interested to find out what you have in store.

Posted by: XuuL ()
Date: November 22, 2011 11:41AM

1. The ability to choose capitals. This is the big one. This would make the admins loved forever. (high priority)

AGREE, high

2. The ability to scroll up on the lobby when people are talking. I know this is minor, but I've heard so many people moan about it, and it can't be a big fix? (low priority)

AGREE, medium

3. A check box at the start of the game that means the game pauses whenever it is not full. This means that during team games, if a player leaves, we can either wait for him to come back or get a replacement, without the AI making moves. An alternative would be a pause button for the host. (medium priority)

4. Implementing the observe feature would be nice, especially in tournaments. (low priority)

AGREE, low

5. Clear orders should also clear orders to buy troops. (low priority)

This would be totaly confusing, maybe just the option to change the production and get your money back?

6. New maps would be appreciated, but that's more of a "one day..." thing. (low priority)

AGREE, low

7. Update the instructions, to be kind to the newbies, and because some of us are interested in the game mechanics (eg bonus on forts etc.) I appreciate this takes time, but maybe just do a little section every now and then? (low priority)

AGREE, high

8. When you click an ad, it opens in a new window. (medium priority)

AGREE, high

9. Update the newer version so that it remembers the changes you make when starting a game (eg to game name, time etc.), just like in the old version. (medium priority)

AGREE, medium

10. Have the ability to zoom out just a bit more so that all countries can be seen at once. Also, zoom out as default at the start of a game, as many more players prefer to be zoomed out than in. (medium priority)

AGREE, higher screen resolution would be the key

11. No yellow text, either so that it is always black regardless of if you are whispering, or more simply just put yellow a bit further down the list in the order that colours are chosen. I know everyone finds this a nightmare. (medium priority)

AGREE, i also hate yellow :)

12. When you convert production, it should either: (a) disable the buy button, or (b) allow you to buy troops, and you actually get what you pay for in addition to what you would have got otherwise. (medium priority)

AGREE to (b), but this would rly change some strategies

13. Could we get it to save our main settings every time we log on, particularly the volume? The sound really annoys me when I log on. Not sure if others would appreciate this too? (medium priority)

AGREE, low

14. Tone down the "luck factor", ie the possible variance in outcomes during battles. Something close to what we had before the last major update would be good. This is a very high priority as quite a few players I have spoken to are of the opinion that this is putting people off the game, or making former players quit as it frustrates them more than anything else. (high priority)

AGREE partialy, we should discuss this in another topic

15. Allow players to set their "status", eg "afk", "looking for a game", "waiting for someone", "back at 1430" etc. Then when you hover over someone's name, in addition to whether they are in a game and their logon time, you see their status. (low priority)

AGREE, low.. would be very cool.. anyways, whispering ppl helps right now because of the twitter sound

Posted by: admin ()
Date: November 28, 2011 10:49AM

I"m interested why people think the luck factor changed? I don't remember changing any of the algorithms there... Xuul, do you?

I remember the AI algorithms changed of course, but I don't think the dice rolls changed at all.

Date: December 01, 2011 02:07PM

You guys definitely changed the battle calc. algorithms significantly, but it was a long way back now, either 2008 or 2009. Forts became a lot more significant and variance increased hugely.

Posted by: XuuL ()
Date: December 07, 2011 04:20AM

no, the dice rolls didnt change.. i think that the shockwave randomizer changed its behaviour by an update sth like 2 years ago

Posted by: Kosciuszko1 ()
Date: August 19, 2012 07:48AM

This game could be improved greatly with a few simple changes. It seems like the development of this game has become stagnant because of the complexity of the goals the developers have set, and the subsequent challenge to implement them.

Problem: Players seek games in which capitals can be chosen to increase fairness.
Approach: Instead of a seemingly complicated system of editing maps, when a player joins a game, have the screen change to a staging room. There the map is displayed without colors or armies or features. Players can choose their country from any country on the map. When the game starts, empty player slots are turned to AIs and homelands randomly selected for them with a similar algorithm to how they are chosen now.

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.