Feature Requests (Shockwave) - CLOSED :  Conqueror! Forum
Ask for features not currently in the game, or suggest changes in the rules or gameplay that would make for a better game. 
Changes we actually all want
Posted by: acro ()
Date: May 14, 2009 03:53AM

Ok, this forum is filled with suggestions that the majority of regular players don't want or are not bothered about. These are changes, some big, some small, that it seems most players actually want.

1. The ability to choose capitals. This is the big one. This would make the admins loved forever. (high priority)

2. The ability to scroll up on the lobby when people are talking. I know this is minor, but I've heard so many people moan about it, and it can't be a big fix? (low priority)

3. A check box at the start of the game that means the game pauses whenever it is not full. This means that during team games, if a player leaves, we can either wait for him to come back or get a replacement, without the AI making moves. (medium priority)

4. Implementing the observe feature would be nice, especially in tournaments. (low priority)

5. Clear orders should also clear orders to buy troops. (low priority)

6. New maps would be appreciated, but that's more of a "one day..." thing. (low priority)

7. Update the instructions, to be kind to the newbies, and because some of us are interested in the game mechanics (eg bonus on forts etc.) I appreciate this takes time, but maybe just do a little section every now and then? (low priority)

Finally just a reminder that we don't really want: ships/sea-warfare, more troop movement, unbreakable alliances, mines, different units, or anything else that dramatically changes the game, or worse "makes it more realistic".

People, please feel free to add to the list, take things away that people don't actually want, or tell me the priorities are wrong, and I will change the OP accordingly. Number 3 was my idea by the way, so I'll be interested to see the reaction.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Changes we actually all want
Posted by: LikeNoOthers ()
Date: May 14, 2009 09:03AM

I want A-boms (only for me) High priority

And

When you click a ad, plzz open new window.. Medium/low

Date: May 14, 2009 09:11AM

I thought you could edit posts, apparently not. So:

8. When you click an add, it opens in a new window. (medium priority)

9. Drop A-bombs on LNO. (high priority)

Posted by: -RIPPE- ()
Date: May 14, 2009 11:56AM

3. a general pause button for the host maybe...

whole map on screen from start off is my suggestion, its pretty senseless clicking on the coutries at the edge of the window when you own a 23" screen... (highest priority)

Date: May 16, 2009 08:37AM

10. Update the newer version so that it remembers the changes you make when starting a game (eg to game name, time etc.), just like in the old version. (medium priority)

Date: May 17, 2009 12:11PM

Rippe's suggestion:

11. Have the ability to zoom out just a bit more so that all countries can be seen at once. Also, zoom out as default at the start of a game, as many more players prefer to be zoomed out than in. (medium priority)

Date: May 18, 2009 05:26AM

medium priority? judas!

Date: May 18, 2009 06:01AM

I took your high priority, and my low priority, and took an average :)

Date: May 19, 2009 05:07AM

well in that case i want a-bombs too (high priority)

Date: May 19, 2009 07:02AM

Ah ok: 9. Drop A-bombs on LNO and Rippe. (high priority)

Anyone else for A-bombs?

Date: May 19, 2009 05:52PM

12. No yellow text, either so that it is always black regardless of if you are whispering, or more simply just put yellow a bit further down the list in the order that colours are chosen. I know everyone (except Adriano) finds this a nightmare. (medium priority)

Other comments would be appreciated so that I don't have to change the thread title to changes that acro actually wants.

Also, to the admins, I hope this doesn't seem like I'm moaning about all the things that need doing; I'm just trying to get an organised list together for reference.

Posted by: Adriano ()
Date: May 20, 2009 12:59PM

acro Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 12. No yellow text, either so that it is always
> black regardless of if you are whispering, or more
> simply just put yellow a bit further down the list
> in the order that colours are chosen. I know
> everyone (except Adriano) finds this a nightmare.
> (medium priority)

LOL. Well, in support of all of you with weaker eyesight I second your motion :p

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2009 12:59PM by Adriano.

Posted by: empError ()
Date: May 22, 2009 07:57AM

I'd like an option to drop paratroopers anywhere on the map ;-)

Date: June 08, 2009 04:01PM

13. When you convert production, it should either:

a) disable the buy button
b) allow you to buy troops, and you actually get what you pay for in addition to what you would have got otherwise

(medium priority)

Personally I prefer b, ie you should be able to change production from a farm, get 2 turns worth of soldiers and then buy on top of that, but others might prefer a? Either way, you should not be able to just throw money away; I consider this a bug.

Date: June 23, 2009 04:13AM

14. Could we get it to save our main settings every time we log on, particularly the volume? The sound really annoys me when I log on. Not sure if others would appreciate this too? (for me, high priority)

Posted by: sixamplayer ()
Date: July 20, 2009 03:30PM

Being able to choose our starting location would certainly make putting a game together much faster than random selection.

Whether it's the host that is allowed to choose what lands he wants on his map or whether each play can choose the land they want to play when they are about to sit.

I really enjoy the game dynamic as it is, but I have to wonder about this written in the game instructions.

"Of the troop types, only the soldier is implemented. Do not raise other types of armies, such as archers, or you will not be able to use them."

Archers? Really? that's sort of a cool idea having alternative armies to use.

Posted by: : ()
Date: July 20, 2009 03:56PM

Why bother with these suggestions.
Admins doesnt care anyway.
Not that i care about this game anyways.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/20/2009 03:58PM by Adrien.

Posted by: Alexey ()
Date: July 20, 2009 07:58PM

Thanks Adrien, the feelings are mutual!

Posted by: : ()
Date: July 20, 2009 08:35PM

Like i care..

Posted by: Sovereign ()
Date: July 27, 2009 05:47PM

Hold on. I totally want sea-warfare. I demand that you put that back on the list!

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.