Feature Requests (Shockwave) - CLOSED :  forum
Ask for features not currently in the game, or suggest changes in the rules or gameplay that would make for a better game. 
Right-Click to Cancel
Posted by: Comrade-D ()
Date: October 05, 2011 03:14PM

Hello Admin;

Another idea in speeding up a player's ability to interact with the game and thus enable greater show of skills:

right-clicking on individual movements/attacks cancels it. This would render the player from having to cancel all of their movements/attacks. Usually, cancelling is done only for error in one of five movements/attacks, and a few seconds or more are used to redo the players move/attacks for their turn.

Throwing Rose Petals At Your Feet,
Comrade-D

P.S. Ignore this post-script.

~Comrade-D

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Right-Click to Cancel
Posted by: XuuL ()
Date: November 22, 2011 11:32AM

your idea is nice, but the problem is that u cannot affect the order of your moves with it.. lets think about what happens if u clear your 3rd move.. what happens to the 4th and 5th? do they shift to the 3rd and 4th move? would this really help u?

i dont think so.. imho, the only senseful solution is to show a sortable and editable list of all moves defined

Posted by: admin ()
Date: November 28, 2011 10:50AM

Yeah a window / field with orders that can be re-arranged / edited is the way to go. It was on the original feature list; just never got added with so many other things to do.

Posted by: Comrade-D ()
Date: December 04, 2011 12:30PM

Thanks for the responses.

Regarding your comment, Xuul, perhaps any order a player cancels, all orders/moves that were made subsequently after that are automatically cancelled too. In other words, if you cancel move three, move four and five are cancelled as well.

Regarding the rearranging window, Admin, I think I'd probably use more precious time using it then just doing a complete cancel of orders and quickly sending out the orders again. I say this because that menu would require interaction with the mouse, and the less a player needs to be using the mouse I think the better off they are in the game. It's a good idea, though, and if it was implemented, I'm sure I'd use it from time to time, if not getting use to it and then using it all the time when needing to cancel orders.

~Comrade-D

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.