Feature Requests (Shockwave) - CLOSED :  Conqueror! Forum
Ask for features not currently in the game, or suggest changes in the rules or gameplay that would make for a better game. 
Rejoin...
Posted by: styloroc ()
Date: January 09, 2006 06:27PM

The lamest thing I've seen lately is when someone joins a game, extends to a large empire, and then, sometime halfway during the game either their countries start revolting, they forget to raise taxes for winter, or simply, another player starts kicking their ass... so they quit and immediately rejoin as the strongest AI played empire.

I think a way to prevent it is to prevent players from playing any other country than the one they start off with in a particular game.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rejoin...
Posted by: gark ()
Date: April 02, 2006 04:20AM

To get round such a restriction, all the player need to is log off an log on with a different name. How will you know?

I don't object to this tactic, though I've not used it or seen it used yet. Playing games is about fun, and players doing this aren't actualy hurting anyone else, so why stop them from doing it?

Posted by: Octo ()
Date: June 28, 2006 05:47AM

Well, its pretty weak doing that, i mean. When you are winning and all of a suddon ur "enemy" changes to the other ai team just to prefend u from winning.
Its a very low move. And it does piss people of i know for sure,

Posted by: gark ()
Date: July 04, 2006 05:28PM

This doesn't bother me at all. By preference I'd like all the AIs to be played by humans, and if someone is not having fun I don't mind them taking over another AI empire. After all to win the game you have to be able to take on all the opposition, not just one empire. I just don't see why this is such a big deal for some people.

Posted by: orangeelite ()
Date: October 10, 2006 12:05AM

true i agree with gark. i mean its their loss if they start getting their ass kicked.. besides if they gettin their ass kicked. wouldnt it be kinda the same if ai controllead it? only they are mindless yet they raise armies like crazy

Posted by: jynx ()
Date: December 14, 2006 11:09AM

I think it would make me happy if a large AI was developing as a substantial threat and a crappy player I already whooped up on took it over.

Posted by: Captain Planet ()
Date: December 18, 2006 09:05PM

Yeah. Happened me with one guy before. Funny shit. He took over about 4 different empires and I kicked his sorry ass in each one. Didn't win the development war but I had a great game and got to kick someones ass repetitively before the inevitable crash, or was it a spam?

Posted by: gilgamesz ()
Date: December 28, 2006 06:43AM

I am for leaving the posibility off rejoining.I like to do it myself becose:
1.sometimes there is only 1 not privet game and i have to chose betwine playing alone with AI or rejoining (more fun even if i take over very weak AI)
2.sometimes the battle with realy good player was so good i rejoin to play with him longer,look up his style even if this means taking over weak AI and loose, or worse taking over strong AI and still lose(damned!)
3.I like to fight to finish,no mercy askt.If i loose i rejoin and fight to bitter end.
4.On RARE ocasions in game happens something annoying-like you have a truce and someone breaks it or 2,3 guys attack you and kill you.Dont get me wrong-I KNOW THAT THIS IS A WAR GAME, and i like it when people behave like dajmios,shoguns and another untrustworthy warlords.
I just REALLY LOVE this game when it becomes personal.Revenge from behinde grave-i love it.
5.GARK has good point^^^:
"To get round such a restriction, all the player need to is log off an log on with a different name. How will you know?

BY THE WAY:i just had my first game without any bugs coming up.I even after conquering whole map stayed for 50 -100 turns to see if something happens.250 turns and nothing.Absolute perfection-great work guys!!!

Posted by: Captain Planet ()
Date: January 03, 2007 08:11AM

The personal stuff is all in the forum. It still is a shitty move though when someone doesn't let you finish them off and rejoins as another ai with huge armies. There isn't really a way to prevent it though. I think the Admin has added something to restrict rejoining.

Posted by: Lars ()
Date: January 20, 2007 06:07AM

but the thing is you DO get to finish them. I mean their empire is in a bad shape and easily beaten because of their management, so you get to beat "their legacy". If they are able to beat you as their empire, that´s just because you haven´t done a sufficient job managing you now empire.

Of course if a ladder system is introduced, you would have to not let players join running games at all, and have a pregame room where players assemble and choose their capitol before actual play starts.

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.