Feature Requests (Shockwave) - CLOSED :  Conqueror! Forum
Ask for features not currently in the game, or suggest changes in the rules or gameplay that would make for a better game. 
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
New maps
Posted by: gark ()
Date: April 02, 2006 09:39AM

One comment I've seen is for world maps. I don't think that would work very well. If it was at the same scale as this game, the map would be way too big. I'd change the scale so that one province covers much more territory and keep the map complexity similar to what you have now. You'd have to change the setting of the game to a few hundred years later, perhaps 1800s or early 1900. This could work.

Regional games would be cool. A game set in medieval china would be interesting, or perhaps India. A waring states japan game would probably be popular, but less strategicaly interesting due to the linear geography.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New maps
Posted by: gark ()
Date: April 03, 2006 01:51PM

One other point, it would be nice to be able to choose maps of different complexity. For example a game set in India might have fewer territories than the europe map, leadign to shorter games.

I would tentatively advise against larger game maps as I think the game is about as long, adn the maps about as large as the game system can realy support.

Simon Hibbs

Posted by: Rook ()
Date: August 30, 2006 02:15PM

Ideally, I'd like to see a map editor.

But what I really want is a map of the US, where each state is a warring faction.

Posted by: Scott ()
Date: October 04, 2006 07:35PM

US in native warfare. before european colonization

Posted by: icadil1 ()
Date: October 09, 2006 07:15PM

or a developing game for single player maybe multi

start in one of 6 continents, and fight your way toward complete control-one more continent will open up then, and after that the rest all open up, then mars, the solar sytem(each planet) obviously requiring saves-and not for multi player

however for the multi player it would be neat to see randomly generated maps-each openign up with slight exploration-nothing compared to civ, but somethign similar

Posted by: gilgamesz ()
Date: December 28, 2006 07:38AM

If it is only posible please add new maps: smaller and bigger.
Map of India,States of USA,map from Lord of the Rings,bigger map of europe(10-20more provinces)ect.
Game is wonderfull,one off the best i ever played.Totally different but ingenious like Shogun Total War.
Only request when bugs are gone:choise off maps.

Posted by: Lars ()
Date: January 20, 2007 08:24AM

I don't think LOTR would work very well. I don't really like the ideas of hobbits invading gondor or armies marching in mordor and "those swamps that I have fogotten the name of". The races of ME also would seem more (than real humans) aligned to ally themselves with other specific races. Plus specific artifacts and powreful characters play a bigger role in ME history.
U could say those things can just be left out, but then what would be the idea of having a ME map at all?

The states dont seem to make any sense to me either, at least not the states as they are now. A map of the americas maybe, with some appropriate borders, could be pretty cool.

Date: January 21, 2007 10:31AM

I want a map with just like 20 provinces because it means so much more if you lose/gain one. Or another one of the world where each region is a country (you could leave out all those small ones in eastern Europe). Something like that would be nice.

While I'm thinking of it, how about a mode where everyone starts out as 5 or 6 regions instead of just one? It would make the game go a ton faster and be less boring.

Posted by: Captain Planet ()
Date: January 22, 2007 07:55AM

Yeah a smaller one would be nice. Maybe one country with different regions.

Posted by: Zaranok ()
Date: April 10, 2007 10:48PM

They should do seperate maps for each continent.

Like 1 for Asia or Africa.

They could also have a futurastic one for Antartica.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2007 11:04PM by Zaranok.

Date: April 11, 2007 01:26PM

"start in one of 6 continents, and fight your way toward complete control-one more continent will open up then, and after that the rest all open up, then mars, the solar sytem(each planet) obviously requiring saves-and not for multi player"
-Icadil

Have you ever heard of Spore?

www.spore.com

Posted by: Baker ()
Date: April 14, 2007 09:27PM

I Hope for new maps..not just a world map like everyone hopes ( im sure many people found this game searching for something like risk, i did.) but there should be choices or something of the US or Japan and Asia or something and there could be a map of the world but small and with not as many countries as there really are...something like risk i would hope but nothing like it exactly...

Posted by: Perfect ()
Date: May 28, 2007 04:29AM

I would like to see china.

Posted by: jynx ()
Date: May 28, 2007 11:33PM

I think China would be awesome.

There is a lot more that could be done. I think accounts and ratings really is first priority. After that though, I would really like to see more maps.

Posted by: Joe_36 ()
Date: June 29, 2007 11:23AM

i'll like to see india and us

Posted by: admin ()
Date: July 01, 2007 11:49AM

There is a map editor but the real work is finding a good historical background map (or creating one), and then drawing the boundaries for each province.

As a person who has always taken great interest in European history from the Roman era through the Renaissance (aka "The Dark Ages"), I felt somewhat confident in drawing the borders myself, although of course my knowledge of certain areas in Western Europe and the Mediterranean far surpassed my geographical skills in eastern Europe. I knew Dracula was from Wallachia and not Transylvania, for instance.

I'd love to implement many of the above suggestions. First and foremost, Shogun-era Japan would work well with the game, if we can divide the map into enough provinces. China would be easier to do, but personally I know very little about either country's history unfortunately.

I just finished reading the book 1491 which is a really great read about Native American civilisations before Columbus and the other Europeans brought over the diseases that wiped out 90% of them. A map that included Aztecs, Maya, and Inca would be very cool too.

India would also be very interesting of course. And. no doubt every Yank wants to play on a US map with the lower 48 states.

I've got some maps I can use but I need to do some research -- unless there is an expert in any of these regions. I like things being vaguely historical. Of course the map of Europe in Conqueror never existed as such exactly -- it's sort of a cultural approximation of several hundred years or more.

If there is anyone who has a historical leg-up in any of these areas and can draw borders using a vector based program (Illustrator, Flash, Fireworks) then let's start talking...

Posted by: emblazoned ()
Date: July 02, 2007 04:35AM

The following list is the desired new maps. Each has an equivalent history of warring factions, with similar levels of technology at the same time as Europe and similar total area to Europe:

1. EAST ASIA

China, with the map possibly reaching as far as Japan and Korea, and South to Vietnam. Formosa would be the size of a single province.

2. SOUTH/CENTRAL ASIA

Centered in India, but including Sri Lanka, and as far north as Afghanistan.

3. CENTRAL AMERICA

The lands of the New World civilisations. Perhaps with the region of the Incas' Equador holdings in the bottom right of the map, but centering on Mayan America and the Yucatan Peninsula. Would be very interesting to include some Carribean islands to break up the linear shape of the main body of the isthmus.

Date: August 27, 2007 01:04AM

You could do modern political districts in a pinch just for some differentiation in the maps without too much effort. Like states in the US, or counties in the state, or townships in the county. You can make a map of anywhere in the world like that, big or small. Or you could use districts from other games, like the Total War series.

Also, are you British? I noticed you say fortnight on the front page, but I don't know if you're just going for the archaic feeling.

Posted by: Keira ()
Date: August 29, 2007 07:45PM

I don't mean to sound like a bore , but for the record ...isn't Prussia the wrong side of Poland on the present map?
It was what is now Germany wasn't it ?...it should be west of Poland not east???

Posted by: Igna ()
Date: August 30, 2007 06:31PM

Keira, Prussia was not what Germany now is. If you read about Prussian history, Prussia started out that far east and expanded into the void that was the Holy Roman Empire in its final days. The result was the most powerful European country on land that boasted a huge amount of property in the west, while Prussia, the country that united this powerhouse, was a fraction of that in the eastern section. It's in the right place.

Also, I'm perfectly fine with the current map we have; I'd prefer some of the glitches be taken care of before anything else.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.