Feature Requests (Shockwave) - CLOSED :  forum
Ask for features not currently in the game, or suggest changes in the rules or gameplay that would make for a better game. 
Clean up the Forums
Posted by: Captain Planet ()
Date: December 09, 2006 12:12AM

Just the forums and the bug report pages are getting full with crap and when new people come on they aren't as pedantic as myself and don't read through all the points. This leads to many repeats of the same requests in new topics and many people asking the same questions which leads to the forums getting more cluttered causing more new topics which more new people are too lazy to read.

So, if you can comprehend this vicious circle we are stuck in then you will understand that the sooner we do something the better as this is an exponential problem. If you would be so kind as to delete all the crap that hasn't been updated in a while (possibly 4-6 months, it's really up to yourself) that would save a lot of hassle. Dleete anything else that seems to be absolutely irrelevent too. EG requests for farm tricks to be put back on and shockwave error complaints unless it contains the solution which I have posted to prevent further requests

This would be beneficial to one and all. Most likely yourself as it would cut down on re-requests of simply solved problems.

Yours faithfully,

The Planet

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Clean up the Forums
Date: December 12, 2006 03:21AM

I update this as our good friend dildino has added another 2 posts which will be located just below at the time of writing.

One of them is in regards to castles not being visible and lines on the map to know where to attack across the sea. There are about 12 places this is possible. Learn them. Castles are there on the map, look close or select the country and it will display in it's information.

The second, a prime example of lethargy, he has suggested max buy button for armies which has been previously suggested by myself and posted but because of the situation described above this can be resuggested infinite times and still seem like a creative new idea.

Spamilicious

Posted by: admin ()
Date: December 12, 2006 05:43AM

Nice idea, but I hardly have the time to at the moment. Maybe sometime in the future, or I can recruit a volunteer to help moderate the boards.

Date: December 13, 2006 02:36AM

Was that an indirect way of asking me to do it? I wouldn't mind doing it but maybe, some might say, I would have a biased opinion when it comes to what to delete.

As it stands, I believe that it is only the bug reports and the feature requests need the most clean out. I have seen Halalli has done a nice feature requests post listing all the more sensible ones which would reduce a lot of the posts.

Posted by: jynx ()
Date: December 14, 2006 04:25AM

I would also be able to help. I've played for about a year, however, just registered a account. I've helped mod alot of forums before. Love the game, willing to help anyway I can.

Posted by: Comrade-D ()
Date: December 18, 2008 04:08PM

Please don't erase these!!! They're fun to read.

To help with the repeating ideas, have seperate files of all the posts, and the user can choose how they want to view the posts.

One file as it is now: chronological

File Two: a file display of all ideas already mentioned, i.e. capital relocation, diversity of army, naval yard, etc...; with all the posts of a kind under its appropriate heading

File Three: New posts by users

Posted by: empError ()
Date: May 13, 2009 12:10PM

Maybe some more structure should be added to the posts, so that they can be grouped in topics and subtopics, etc.

Search functions for keywords might be nice, but may be a bit hard to program, and I can imagine that many people searching at the same time could put some strain on the server.

Maybe old topics that aren't read for a while can be put in archives, like zip-files, before being deleted?

Just my thoughts. I'm not really bothered by the old topics, I just restrict myself to the most recent ones.

Posted by: acro ()
Date: May 13, 2009 09:26PM

They do no harm, leave them there.

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.