Feature Requests (Shockwave) - CLOSED :  forum
Ask for features not currently in the game, or suggest changes in the rules or gameplay that would make for a better game. 
This is a list of all improvements we suggest.
Posted by: TeejayMurone ()
Date: April 14, 2007 09:17AM

<font color= black>NEW MAPS:</font>

Maybe USA, Africa, The last land drive (antartica)

of course with each new surround there will be hurricanes, or floods, sumani's disease.

TIME PERIODS:

1500-1950's

Each with different looks. Different artillery/weapons.
NO NUCLEAR BOMBS..

SEA FAIRING:

maybe a way to transports armies from one counrty to the next.
Even to another continent.

TREATIES/ALLIANCES:

Something where we can make a more definate alliance with a neighbor.

TRADING:

have more troops than cash? lets trade!

FOG OF WAR:

let it be aloud to hide your unseen countries for better suprize attacks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: This is a list of all improvements we suggest.
Posted by: hallali ()
Date: April 14, 2007 11:46AM

Who wants that?

Posted by: Baker ()
Date: April 14, 2007 03:10PM

I agree with TeeJay with new maps...im sure everyone is..not sure about time period though. dont really care for the sea fairing idea too much difficulty. Sound more like an axis and allies game, which i have, but to me is way to long to play one game. I also like the trading idea and would love to have the fog of war option or somethin...i mean y can we c wat everyone are doing they are way down in africa while im in england...unrealistic..but it might be too hard for the programming if its a similt. turn thing not sure...

Posted by: tennismatt ()
Date: July 12, 2007 04:05PM

I don't think any of these ideas will improve gameplay, but will rather overcomplicate the game to the point of utter boredom.

Posted by: Captain Planet ()
Date: July 13, 2007 11:17AM

Agreed

Posted by: zoltroc ()
Date: July 18, 2007 03:51AM

only good ideas I see as having potential is fog of war, alliances. Trading is an ok idea but not practical. Think about it, did Alexander the Great ever say, "hey I have too many armies I think I'll sell some for gold." No, he said I have too many armies I must not be conquring enough land. If you have too much gold and need armies, then buy armies. There are too many times where I have too many armies and can't feed them and should be allowed to disband them.

Posted by: Rook ()
Date: August 04, 2007 09:39AM

I like the proposed idea of trade. If your ally is getting reamed and you don{t have a good way to help him, you could trade him some armies for a meagre amount of gold. Rather than just armies and money, how about adding land to it, too? It would make ceasefires more interesting if Spain loses to France and has to give up 2 provinces for X gold as part of the treaty.

Something I've wanted for a bit is the ability to move peacefully onto other factions' land. If you're France, and your ally is Germany, and you want to help in a war against Russia, this would be useful, and realistic.

Posted by: Igna ()
Date: August 04, 2007 04:58PM

I like the idea of having a primitive navy to protect waterways a lot, but other than that nothing here seems very beneficial to the game...time periods and natural hazards? No thanks. The beauty in Conqueror is its simplicity; easy to learn, impossible to master. All of that stuff would most likely end up unbalancing the game some way or another.

Posted by: Captain Planet ()
Date: August 05, 2007 01:04AM

Yeah, I don't like change either, bloody internet will be the downfall of mankind.

Posted by: ABC14!! ()
Date: April 07, 2009 10:40AM

About choosing new continents and maps (i.e. China-Japan, Africa, Central America with the Aztecs and others...) YES

Posted by: empError ()
Date: May 12, 2009 11:53PM

New maps everyone wants, I think. I can imagine it is not as easy as it sounds, as the game has to compute the distance of armies to the capital, and that must be quite tricky.

Also, the host should be able to pick the lands (for capitals), so that we are not spending our time searching for good maps for team games.

The other things, seafaring and trade, sound nice, but indeed complicated. No priority, as far as I'm concerned.

Alliances are as they are in real life: You have to trust the others. If someone backstabs or something, then you'll have to deal with it. You can only call in the help of other players to retribute.

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.