Feature Requests (Shockwave) - CLOSED :  Conqueror! Forum
Ask for features not currently in the game, or suggest changes in the rules or gameplay that would make for a better game. 
Cost of Sea warfare
Posted by: Augustus ()
Date: May 28, 2007 12:27PM

I think it should be more difficult to attack over sea lanes...countries being attacked by sea should have a stronger defense roll? what do you all think?
just seems more realistic and would counter the cost of transfering armies over on ships. anyone think this has life or am i just dead in the water (heh heh).

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cost of Sea warfare
Posted by: mossad ()
Date: May 30, 2007 08:43AM

sorry i just don't see it. all you would do is make britain more attractive. the sea warfare in this game isn't really differnt than anything else... if the map was larger maybe i'd agree...

Posted by: vincentpace ()
Date: June 11, 2007 09:44PM

I've thought about this one before and have always been ambivalent about it.

It would be interesting if the natural features of the land played into the defensive bonus. Sea is the obvious one but mountains (e.g., Helvetica) are another obvious defense found in the geographic layout of the map. If you have access to water, you can attack just about anywhere else (the Vikings did just that in just the time period in which this game is set), so it might be interesting if that were reflected in the game, with longer distances taking multiple turns or something.

The other side of how I feel about this is that could make things a bit messy and one of the great things about this game is just how clean and simple it is.

So I remain split on the idea.

Posted by: bump ()
Date: July 10, 2007 04:43PM

i said that there should be a navy and new continents if that was added enviremental attack costs would be a good feature and make the game more interesting

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.