Feature Requests (Shockwave) - CLOSED :  Conqueror! Forum
Ask for features not currently in the game, or suggest changes in the rules or gameplay that would make for a better game. 
How about an easy whisper function in games?
Posted by: reeperbot ()
Date: August 01, 2008 01:16PM

You could double click on a player's cap or province to create the #name part of a message. Good for teamgames where your saddled with players like likenoothers ;-P on your team.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How about an easy whisper function in games?
Posted by: LikeNoOthers ()
Date: August 01, 2008 07:06PM

HEEEEEEEY!!! Reeperbot aint so easy either!!! But i think it would be smarter with a little box, which contains all the names in the game.. And maybe a button to see the Lobby..

Posted by: sixamplayer ()
Date: October 11, 2008 06:55PM

a team chat would be ideal really, but i suppose that would require the ability to make teams.

Posted by: Comrade-D ()
Date: December 18, 2008 07:38PM

what i do is highlight #playerscomplicatedandextremelylongnamewithoddletters
-hit control+c

and when i want to whisper to them, i hit control+v

Posted by: empError ()
Date: May 13, 2009 06:16PM

A team chat would be nice. So you can whisper to all your team (except yourself) in one go.

Good suggestion, 6am.

Posted by: acro ()
Date: May 14, 2009 03:25AM

Are the benefits worth the complications theough emp? Probably not. #team would be sort of nice (you don't need to check what their name is or how to spell it, don't need to whisper seperately to both), but how would the computer know what your team is? Extra work for the admins, their time could be better spent.

Posted by: KingJohnIV ()
Date: September 26, 2009 04:34AM

"but how would the computer know what your team is?"

If diplomacy is created for the game, #team could actually be #allies (or a check box), in which case it would be easy for the computer to know who they are talking to. But I think the first problem would be to allow people to play new versions; I can only play the oldest build, and I know that is true for others as well. So the first order of business should be making it so we can access these updates.
- King John VI

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2009 04:35AM by KingJohnIV.

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.