Feature Requests (Shockwave) - CLOSED :  forum
Ask for features not currently in the game, or suggest changes in the rules or gameplay that would make for a better game. 
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
INCREASING PLAYER COUNTS
Posted by: Generalkarl ()
Date: August 19, 2008 11:08AM

I understand no money can be spent to market this great game.
Thêre is no other game on the internet that has passworded games when average player counts are below 100-200 players
Also it makes sense to me to want to keêp any new players making it all the way to the site and ready to play.

SO: WHY WOULD CONQUERORGAME.COM EXCLUDE NEW PLAYERS FROM PLAYING THE GAME ONLINE BY ALLOWING OTHERS TO PW GAMES, CLOSE PW GAMES AND RESTART THEM, OR EXCLUDE NEW PLAYERS.

For Example: I Tried for THRÊE 6 HOUR DAYS, to play a game for more than 15 minutes without half of the players disappearing. Why? Because new players nêed some simple guidance in playing. By elliminating the responsibility of experienced players to provide simple support, most new players will abandon the game.

CONCLUSION: IF THE SITES GOALS ARE TO INCREASE THE NUMBER OF PLAYERS THEN **ELIMINATE PASSWORDED GAMES OF ANY KIND UNTIL AVERAGE SERVER PLAYER COUNTS ARE ABOVE 200.**

ALSO: TO STOP GAME MANIPULATORS, I.E., "I OWN THIS GAME AND CAN STOP OTHERS FROM COMPLETING IT IN FULL BY LEAVING AND STARTING A NEW GAME" SIMPLY MAKE IT THAT **ANY PLAYER LEAVING A GAME BEFORE GAME END SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO HOST AGAIN FOR 24 HOURS**

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: INCREASING PLAYER COUNTS
Posted by: Squeegie ()
Date: August 19, 2008 11:45AM

Please learn the game before criticizing it. Playing 4 games while not listening to what people say in chat is not grounds for making such bold posts on the forum.

I don't completely disagree with everything you say, but you are wasting your breath here if you're not willing to understand the game and the people here before making this rant.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: INCREASING PLAYER COUNTS
Posted by: Generalkarl ()
Date: August 19, 2008 11:49AM

As you have bên told already Squegie, you are incorrect. The Game is superb, it is allowing passwording to reduce new player commitment that could be impreoved.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: INCREASING PLAYER COUNTS
Posted by: Generalkarl ()
Date: August 20, 2008 09:51PM

New Info: Another night, veterans in pw game, zero other players playing, unable to join pw game, veterans now fully control conquerorgame via passworded games.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: INCREASING PLAYER COUNTS
Posted by: DirtyHarry ()
Date: August 20, 2008 11:07PM

Not that I'm a religious guy, but THANK GOD FOR PW GAMES!

Learn the game and understand its users before criticizing it so much... your way of criticizing the game and users wont make you many friends - prove your skills when you get the chance - all other players have got their chances, and I bet you will get yours too. We all were beginners at some point. Just don't expect that veterans will waste their time playing teamgames with beginners - when you get some more experience I'm sure you will agree. Another thing - why don't you host you own pw-free games then? (you don't write anything about what kind of games you want to participate in - is it ffa or teamgames?).

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: INCREASING PLAYER COUNTS
Posted by: Generalkarl ()
Date: August 21, 2008 04:56PM

Please read what I have written. Please stop suggesting I am criticising, inexperienced or to not post feature suggestions, I am a member of the forum and you are responsible for being polite to me.

The game is superb. The pw games reduce player counts. This is the feature suggestion forum, I am suggesting adding the feature of removing pw games until the average number of players increases to allow for regularly full games of new players, AI's, and sharing vets.

This will increase the number of available players, expand game participation, broaden the awareness of the game, get new players to stay longer to fully see the great game that it is, increase advertising viewership and ad clicking, create a more positive view of the website, and terminate the control veteran players have on the direction conquerorgame.com goes. The responses to my feature suggestion demonstrate what they have been doing.

In short, the current allowance of passworded game format decreases new player counts, whether they stay to see how great the game is and the growth of the game.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: INCREASING PLAYER COUNTS
Posted by: DirtyHarry ()
Date: August 21, 2008 07:31PM

Dear Generalkarl

First of all I have just read the full thread again. Second of all I can't see that either Squeegie or me have been inpolite towards you. On the contrarary I think your way of responding us have been very arrogant and shows that you wont even listen. Futhermore in not even responsible for being polite towards you, dont know where you got that idea from. What both Squeegie and I suggest is, that your idea wont work the way you intend it to - basicly because the current users would abandon the game very fast. You seem to have something directly against the veterans - almost stateting that our way of playing games ruining it for everyone else? To be honest I dont know where you get that idea from, and I think that your stand very alone with that point of view. In many years game have survived because of veterans - and many of those who were beginners in the start of the summer is probably what you now call veterans, which shows me, that the gap is not that big an obsticle. If you mixed beginners into a game with a lot of veterans, I don't think any of the players would think "wow, this game is totally great, and I want to it some more...". You state that veteran players have control over conquerorgame - how? making pw-games makes us control it? As both Squeegie and I have suggested I dont really think, or at least it doesn't sound that way (it would have been easier for me to make that clear if you had answered some of the questions made in my first post), that you understand the game and its users yet, which gives your critique very little creditbility in my eyes (and yes, I can't see your post as anything else than critique of both the game and its players - especially the veterans.). You must understand, that there is many different ways to use the game, different types of games, and therefore pw-games is needed. Your proposal would make it almost impossible to make good teamgames - a gaming type that during the last year have made the game very populary amongst it users - both new and old, and have made the skill level increase very fast! not all teamgames are for veterans, but you must respect that some are, and to participate you must prove yourself first - both as a player and as a person. Making a pw game doesn't make a group of players control the game. It just protects their game against noobs and quitters which have ruined many teamgames without pw. I hope you will take your time to learn the game and understand its users, and then we can discuss and see if you still have the same point of view.

Harry

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: INCREASING PLAYER COUNTS
Posted by: Patje ()
Date: August 21, 2008 08:05PM

Harry said it all

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: INCREASING PLAYER COUNTS
Posted by: Generalkarl ()
Date: August 22, 2008 01:01AM

This is a feature suggestion forum. My time is valuable, I don't waste it reading non-stop spelling and grammer errors about off topic, fact deficient ramblings. If you clean up your comments to either agree with what I stated, point by point, run it through a spell checker, then a grammer checker, then have someone else edit it for content, continuity, relevancy, and cohesiveness I will read it and comment on whether it is appropriate.

The password closed games defeat any chance of increasing player counts, if that is CG's goals; which is the same for most sites that pay for server bandwidth. If CG's goals are to support the long time veterans with free server support at the expense of new player growth, then whatever you said may be correct.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: INCREASING PLAYER COUNTS
Posted by: DirtyHarry ()
Date: August 22, 2008 02:53AM

Not only are you talking non-sense, you're also being a first class jack-ass. This is a forum, were people can discuss/agree/disagree - what grammar and spelling has to do with anything is a riddle for me?? Your are obviously talking a lot about things you don't have any knowledge about, and with your attitude I doubt that you ever will get it.

If your time is so valuable then I suggest(this being a suggestion forum) that you, find other things to do, then waste it on playing conqueror. You have started a topic, and you have got response, and obviously you don't like it. I don't need you to say if what I write about your topic is relevant for your or not - its in interest for most players in this game, so therefor it's arrogant of you to reject it as being incoherent or unrelevant. So far you haven't responded to any of the critique your proposal have gotten in any appropriate manner.

Your goal is to increase the amount of players in this game, and you must understand that this is a common goal, that all players, including all the so called veterans, can agree on. It is your ideas to how the goal is being reached, that either Squeegie and I agrees to. I don't think that removing pw-games will have any positive effects on the amount of players - on the contrary. Old players have been one of the main reasons why people of stuck with this game, because they 1) Being the socializing factor in the lobby, forums or even facebook 2) invented the teamgames 3)arrange tournament 4)Using the discussion board, and though that passes on a lot of knowledge on to the new players, if they would care to read all the stuff 5) arranging and setting up the teamgames, that I can understand you want to participate in. If you removed the pw-games you would ruin many game types, and make it a turkey-shot for idiots, who's only mission is to ruin games for others, and people will get tired of the game VERY soon - both veterans and new players, which will lead to less players in general.

If you want to support Alexey and XuuL in their effort to make this game better, but you don't want to waste your time debating(not that I feel you do that) with me, then I suggest(again this being a suggestion forum) that you begin to click on the ads a couple of times, so they can earn some money, and then they can use the resources to make this game better. I bet that XuuL wont remove the pw feature...but thats just a wild guess.... or is it?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: INCREASING PLAYER COUNTS
Posted by: Master ()
Date: August 22, 2008 03:57AM

You are not even commenting on what Harry is saying. There are lots of FFA games and team games without pw. And once in a while we even let newbie’s in pw team games - we give everybody a fair chance. But is it fun to be beaten over and over again? It is more fun to play against players who are at the same level as yourself at this goes for "veterans" and for newbie’s.

I don’t think the removal of the pw feature would solve any problems actually I think it would make some players leave the game.

Master.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: INCREASING PLAYER COUNTS
Posted by: Generalkarl ()
Date: August 22, 2008 09:07PM

I don't comment on others until they have discussed each one of my points in full, in fact I don't even read once I sê they can't follow the basic points I made.

Alos:

It is most fun to play against those that beat you over and over again, thereby gaining experience and understanding, and becoming a better player. Nothing could be more boring than to play against players of equal skill. Only a weak person would want to play against others of matching skill, you sê, it is important to think to the limit to understand.

You have proven that passworded games should be banned regardless of server player counts, they simply allow the vets to control who plays and who doesn't.

Tonight: 9 games running, 8 are passworded, a single new player with 15 AI's hoping someone will join (but the vets never do) so he plays no one, figures this great game is actually a useless game, leaves, and nearly always never returns. Thats the end of his days at CG.

Really: The Passworded Games Ruins the CG experience for new players...the end.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: INCREASING PLAYER COUNTS
Posted by: -RIPPE- ()
Date: August 23, 2008 12:03AM

both are right.
i hate these password bastards too, esp. in vs teamgames. you will get only crap lands if you get your password whispered late and the decision who will join always go at the cost of those excluded. since i change my name everytime i play, i have no chance to join passworded games anyway. on the other hand its understandable as many players want to get better in this game and newer players cant bring the skills necessary to improve own skills. BUT we all started small and it is fun for me to see fresh players making an attempt to challenge old school fags, even if my team loses.
just dont care about dem others and do your own thing, you will meet excellent players in open games, willing to teach you.
vs games are good for your developing skills, but free-for-all games are mostly without password and played by more relaxed people.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: INCREASING PLAYER COUNTS
Posted by: Squeegie ()
Date: August 23, 2008 07:39AM

Generalkarl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't comment on others until they have
> discussed each one of my points in full, in fact I
> don't even read once I sê they can't follow the
> basic points I made.

And yet you haven't discussed each one of anyone else's points in full on this thread or any other. Why do you demand full respect yet give 0 respect? Please stop it with the double standard.

Your words have lost all meaning because your words are the only ones you care about. When you care about others they tend to care about you. I think you have much learning and growing to do both in this game and in life.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: INCREASING PLAYER COUNTS
Posted by: Master ()
Date: August 23, 2008 09:00AM

I would be happy to give some of the new players a leason in this game so they can become good enough for the closed teamgames - they just need to ask me.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: INCREASING PLAYER COUNTS
Posted by: Generalkarl ()
Date: August 23, 2008 11:08AM

Thats excellent Master, seê Squeegie?, Master seês adđing the ban on passworded games feature is a great idea! With thoughtful consideration he agreed As for the other vets that don't want to play with new players, begone with them, they would be a minority within a few wêeks anyway, because callous people aren't very useful.
I fully support ađing the feature to ban passworded games.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: INCREASING PLAYER COUNTS
Posted by: Master ()
Date: August 23, 2008 03:02PM

Never said that i support the idea i just said that i would be happy i help them so they will become good enough.

It is not only becomes of newbies - there are also players who join the games just because they want to ruin it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: INCREASING PLAYER COUNTS
Posted by: DirtyHarry ()
Date: August 24, 2008 02:16AM

How anyone can establish that Master agrees to Generalkarls crazy idea's out of Masters post from August 23, 2008 09:00AM is ridiculous....

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: INCREASING PLAYER COUNTS
Posted by: Squeegie ()
Date: August 25, 2008 12:32PM

Generalkarl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thats excellent Master, seê Squeegie?, Master
> seês adđing the ban on passworded games feature
> is a great idea! With thoughtful consideration he
> agreed As for the other vets that don't want to
> play with new players, begone with them, they
> would be a minority within a few wêeks anyway,
> because callous people aren't very useful.
> I fully support ađing the feature to ban
> passworded games.

Once again you prove that your words are the only words that matter to you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: INCREASING PLAYER COUNTS
Posted by: Paars ()
Date: August 27, 2008 04:49AM

I've done my part already writing a basic strategy guide. Now its up to the new players to check out forums to find and read it. If they have questions they can ask me and I ll answer. If they ask me I want to play a game and I got time and I want I will. But ffa games I rarely play, because first of all its rather easy/boring, full games take long on the end turn part.

Playing teamgames is just more fun for ME, that doesnt mean I don't want to help newbies, but letting them into a teamgame is no fun for them but also its no fun for the rest of the people playing.

Options: ReplyQuote
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2


Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.