Changes we actually all want
Date: May 14, 2009 03:53AM
Ok, this forum is filled with suggestions that the majority of regular players don't want or are not bothered about. These are changes, some big, some small, that it seems most players actually want.
1. The ability to choose capitals. This is the big one. This would make the admins loved forever. (high priority)
2. The ability to scroll up on the lobby when people are talking. I know this is minor, but I've heard so many people moan about it, and it can't be a big fix? (low priority)
3. A check box at the start of the game that means the game pauses whenever it is not full. This means that during team games, if a player leaves, we can either wait for him to come back or get a replacement, without the AI making moves. (medium priority)
4. Implementing the observe feature would be nice, especially in tournaments. (low priority)
5. Clear orders should also clear orders to buy troops. (low priority)
6. New maps would be appreciated, but that's more of a "one day..." thing. (low priority)
7. Update the instructions, to be kind to the newbies, and because some of us are interested in the game mechanics (eg bonus on forts etc.) I appreciate this takes time, but maybe just do a little section every now and then? (low priority)
Finally just a reminder that we don't really want: ships/sea-warfare, more troop movement, unbreakable alliances, mines, different units, or anything else that dramatically changes the game, or worse "makes it more realistic".
People, please feel free to add to the list, take things away that people don't actually want, or tell me the priorities are wrong, and I will change the OP accordingly. Number 3 was my idea by the way, so I'll be interested to see the reaction.