Bug Reports (Shockwave) -- CLOSED :  forum
NOTICE: This section is closed as the Shockwave version of the game is no longer under development. 
In game text too fast to read
Posted by: Squeegie ()
Date: July 20, 2009 10:44AM

I'm not sure if this is a game problem or a problem on my computer... but I can no longer read the in game text (ie Squeegie invades Byzantium from Nicaea, Byz loses 12 armies, Nic loses 6...). It flashes on the screen so fast that I can never make out the writing.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: In game text too fast to read
Posted by: Alexey ()
Date: July 20, 2009 12:31PM

Hmm, are the sounds playing?

Usually it waits for the sound to finish playing before moving on to next dialog.

This gets skipped if...

1) you have the options off for "Show Enemy Moves", "Show Enemy Attacks" etc.

or

2) you press any key on the keyboard

Posted by: LikeNoOthers ()
Date: July 20, 2009 02:53PM

i had the same problem a long time ago.. and yes, it was the wound playing, but 0,3 sec after just stoping and moving to the next. I didn't do anything to fix it i think.. Just was ok next time i came online

Posted by: Squeegie ()
Date: July 22, 2009 03:14PM

Must be something funky with my computer.

Sounds are on. 'Show Enemy Moves' and 'Show Enemy Attacks' are both on.

The moves happen quicker now too... there is a slight pause bewtween each one and then the move happens very quick. I really can't tell what dies until the end of the turn when it's time to place moves for the next turn.

I guess it doesn't effect my game, just makes it a little less fun since I can't talk trash about killing 10 armies with my 1 in the middle of the movement phase.

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.