Bug Reports (Shockwave) -- CLOSED :  Conqueror! Forum
NOTICE: This section is closed as the Shockwave version of the game is no longer under development. 
has anybody finished a game recently?
Posted by: hallali ()
Date: November 27, 2006 02:29PM

The last few games I played all crashed the way I described it before (becomes slow, can´t click on countries and make moves, then crashes).

Has anybody finished a game recently? Or has the same problems?

Because I´m not quite sure, if it is a problem with my computer or with the game.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: has anybody finished a game recently?
Posted by: politicalmind ()
Date: November 27, 2006 05:39PM

This is the same problem described in the thread just below you. I am a programmer, and I think I may have some incite. Before the Thanksgiving vacation I had the same problem, with a great deal of lag after a certain turn, for me it was specifically after winter of the 12th year. When I came back, I experienced a bug in the exact same place, but instead of becoming slow and seemingly laggy after a certain point, I instead could never finish a turn, even though the clock kept clicking and my turns kept ending. The game continued on and I could not effect anything because I was told over and over that I had already sent my turns.

I am a HUGE proponent of this game... it's amazingly entertaining, and if I can actually finish my first game, I would do just about anything to forward this project however it needs. Thanks for the game, it's wonderful!

Posted by: admin ()
Date: November 27, 2006 09:39PM

It's not your computer; it's a slight modification that we made to the code, that seems to cause an exponential slowdown once empires get bigger (12-15 provinces), around turn 50-60 or so, depending.

We made optimiziations to the code in version 93, so that should improve things greatly when it's ready.

Thanks!

Posted by: hallali ()
Date: November 28, 2006 11:09AM

It´s the same problem described because it is the same person who wrote it, but the topic was not too clear the first time so I thought I rewrite it.

Posted by: Captain Planet ()
Date: November 29, 2006 05:08AM

So, do you advise us to use the old server with dummy hosts until version 93 is made? As, if we are going to do this it is probably better if we all try to meet on the same server. Especially since there is supposed to be a huge battle at the weekend.

Date: December 01, 2006 08:44PM

a new version of the game fixing this issue will be up VERY soon

Date: December 05, 2006 02:17AM

It's up now with build #93. Sorry about the delay. It was an easy fix, but we wanted to release it with all the new network code at the same time. It shouldn't slow down nearly as bad now.

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.