Bug Reports (Shockwave) -- CLOSED :  forum
NOTICE: This section is closed as the Shockwave version of the game is no longer under development. 
Host kick JUST before turn 3 starts
Posted by: LikeNoOthers ()
Date: January 17, 2009 03:20AM

It started for me about 3 weeks ago.. In 2v2's.. After moveorders it kicks u (host of the game), and the game becomes bugged, so that it will kick the new host too.. I have seen this happen in many other games in the last 2 weeks, and decided to put it up here. It doesn't happen every time, but it still isn't nice.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Host kick JUST before turn 3 starts
Posted by: Maqwyn ()
Date: January 25, 2009 05:22PM

I'm suddenly having the same problem. Played all last night and this morning but now I can't play any longer. What's up with this and what do I do?

Posted by: Maqwyn ()
Date: January 31, 2009 12:25AM

I have now found that by exiting out of the internet and coming back on it clears this problem. The most I've had to do this is 3 times to clear. hope this helps others.

Posted by: Comrade-D ()
Date: February 19, 2009 04:24PM

I tried this only once! (don't take it as an absolute remedy to this bug)

I was going to play a FFA with a couple of others, and the game just before had booted me, and messed up their game, and yadda yadda yadda yadda .....

So, to not be crazy by trying the same thing and expecting different results, I asked them to not join the fresh game until 10-20 seconds after I started it. (To be fair, of course I didn't hit 'et' before they got there.) The result was a game where I was not booted (I got defeated by an AI within a few turns instead).

I think it will be my practice from now on to say "okay" to players waiting in the lobby after the turn-timer first starts. It will be a bit more difficult to organize a game, but after awhile when most now the dilly-yo, it won't be so difficult.

Please try the same tactic and post the results in this thread. This bug must be squash! because the last thing I want is is to be hosting a game and then I get booted from the server faster than superman can say "damn!" (Corone thinks he would say that normally. What do you think? Heh heh).

~Comrade-D

Posted by: LikeNoOthers ()
Date: February 22, 2009 04:45AM

Comrade.. U have also had this problem when u hosted a 4v4

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.