Bug Reports (Shockwave) -- CLOSED :  forum
NOTICE: This section is closed as the Shockwave version of the game is no longer under development. 
Multiplayer Game Hangs around turn 25
Posted by: Tiffany ()
Date: June 12, 2009 03:19PM

Sir,
While you are suddenly honouring us with your attention round here ,may i trouble you with a little problem i have suffered with in silence until now.
I always crash at around turn 30. I have not heard of anyone else with this problem and have suspected it is may be something to do with my set up. But nothing i have done has solved it ...increasing memory storage etc.
To remedy it i usually do a controlled crash around turn 25, leave the game and come back , which then gives me another 30-ish turns until disconnection again.
Other than that my connection is very stable.
If it helps ,the problem doesn't occur when playing Solo i can continue way past turn 30. Only occurs in Multiplayer.
Thanks in anticipation,
Yours Truly,
Tiffany

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2009 08:51AM by Alexey.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dear Alexey
Posted by: Alexey ()
Date: June 13, 2009 08:50AM

Thanks for the info.

Can you tell me what version of Shockwave you are using and what platform/OS?

Re: Multiplayer Game Hangs around turn 25
Date: June 13, 2009 10:25AM

Also please tell me what phase the turn indicator is in, such as "processing player orders", "place orders", or "deciding AI moves."

screen shots are great too!

Date: June 14, 2009 04:06PM

Shockwave 11.3

The fault occurs with Firefox, IE, Safari and Chrome, tried them all at some point.

The crash occurs just as the turn times out, and orders are being processed, there is a longer than normal delay and then disconnection.

My solution is to disconnect early intentionally and then download the game again to continue.
If i just quit the game, returning to the lobby and then rejoin, that does not work, i will still crash. I have to reload the game fully.

Also please recall what i feel are big clues, maybe...

A,It does not occur for me in the Solo game,
B,I can reconnect to get another 25/30 turns in before again disconnecting.

Posted by: acro ()
Date: June 14, 2009 08:18PM

Well you wouldn't disconnect in the solo game because you're never connected to the server in the first place. You can play the solo game without an internet connection.

Date: June 16, 2009 06:44AM

A screenshot as requested .
Occured on turn 31 just as i clicked end turn.
This was with Chrome.
Usually the disconnection is not as rapid as this otherwise i would have taken a screenshot of the point the game freezes.
Hope this helps your diagnosis.

Attachments: screenshot.JPG (110.6 KB)  
Date: July 20, 2009 12:38PM

Tiffany, a screen shot just before the disconnection would be ideal... if at all possible.

Thanks!

Posted by: Khumuthelu ()
Date: December 03, 2009 01:26PM

Saw this same issue in the single player game using Shockwave 11.0.3r471. Towards the end of the game (around year 1030AD), firefox becomes unresponsive for 3-5 minutes after all the computer players have taken their turn and right before my turn. This was using Firefox 3.5.5 on Vista 64bit. Basically the screen fades to white, the cursor becomes a spinner, and all tabs and windows open by firefox become unresponsive. The program is listed in Task Manager as Not-Responding. If you wait 5 minutes or so, the game returns to normal.

Posted by: LikeNoOthers ()
Date: December 04, 2009 07:12AM

Known issue for alot. Here i blame my slow computer. Which is weird, considering that it isn't an extremly demanding process. (atleast shouldn't be)

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.