Help/FAQ (Shockwave) -- CLOSED :  forum
How do you play this game? I can't figure it out! Why can't I attack? How does production work? And other questions not covered by the brief help page. 
KingJohnIV Requests Forum Username Change to KingJohnVI or Verification
Posted by: KingJohnIV ()
Date: September 23, 2009 08:28PM

I recently joined both this game and this forum as KingJohnVI, but because I used an old email for the forum (that I am apparently not able to access anymore) I was unable to verify my account. Is it possible for an admin to verify my account for me, or alternatively, could a verification email be sent to my new email? Sorry to bother you with trivial matters but I do appreciate your help.

- KingJohnVI

P.S. - This game is fantastic. Although I have only been able to use build 98l, I have already shown this game to two friends, and they both love it too; so thanks for all your hard work, its a great game, both relatively fast paced for a turn based strategy, and with enough depth to keep it engaging. Thanks again.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: KingJohnIV Requests Forum Username Change to KingJohnVI or Verification
Date: September 24, 2009 11:45AM

Hey Izzlekizzle!
Thanks for the welcome... I like the name because my name is John. Interestingly though there were two John VIs, one John VI Kantakouzenos was the Emperor of the Byzantine Empire, the other, the King of Portugal. Both were wholly unsuccessful in their reigns. The Emperor of the Byzantine Empire could not afford his troops, saw the entrance of the Ottomans for the first time into Europe, and ended his reign by being hated for his over taxation and overthrown by a rival successor to the throne. King John VI of Portugal was equally unsuccessful, residing in the Portuguese provinces in Brazil for much of his reign while rebellion stirred at home. When the rebellion finally succeeded he returned only to ratify the new constitution. Meanwhile, his son declared independence for Brazil. He died hoping Portugal and Brazil would be reunified under a dual monarchy Federation. He was wrong. So was King Richard more successful? Probably.

But here's the thing, I am not here to relive history, I am here to reinvent it. So now I embark on a journey to make King John VI a name to be feared and respected. :)
- King John VI

Re: KingJohnIV Requests Forum Username Change to KingJohnVI or Verification
Date: September 24, 2009 08:53PM

Well, I couldn't really tell you, but they had children, so presumably they had some game; but as for man-whores, I just don't know... Don't worry though, I'll make sure there's lots of population growth in my games to make up for any lack on their part. Anyway, maybe I'll see you in game, and we'll see if I can live up to my predecessors' namesake... ;)
- King John VI

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/2009 08:57PM by KingJohnIV.

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.