Help/FAQ (Shockwave) -- CLOSED :  forum
How do you play this game? I can't figure it out! Why can't I attack? How does production work? And other questions not covered by the brief help page. 
Request ban of IP 82.129.20.249
Posted by: Kobrakai ()
Date: April 02, 2008 03:05AM

Flaming/Spamming from the IP above went on for 30 minutes
Attaching screenshot and have another 25 minutes later if you're interested.
I tried mailing contact@conquerorgame.com but I got a returned to sender, unknown recipient.

The rest of this email can be considered a feature request:
* Spam-filter
* Curse-filter
* Moderator feature in lobby.
* Easier way to report abuse. working e-mail or other system with 2-3 registered users able to ban somebody.

Cheers, love the game =)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Request ban of IP 82.129.20.249
Date: April 02, 2008 03:11AM

forgot screenshot

Attachments: Untitled3.jpg (158.4 KB)  
Posted by: -RIPPE- ()
Date: April 04, 2008 01:22PM

NO! NO! NO!
what is wrong with people these days? why does every idiot cry for censorship?
i mean spamming ok, but:
curse-filter??? what the fuck???
Moderator feature???? i dont need no moderator-nazi-blockwart to tell me how to behave!
easier way to report abuse?????? kid now this shows how stupid you really seem to be! dont be a nazi-bigbrother-bravenewworld-asshole there is enough internetshit full of that stuff. as i once said before, its the anarchic (including bugs) structure that makes this game unique!

oh and by the way i have to ask for banning Kobrakai for spamming!
heres the screenshot

Attachments: Untitled1.jpg (216.5 KB)  
Posted by: hallali ()
Date: April 05, 2008 01:12AM

What is this supposed to be??

Date: April 06, 2008 01:23AM

Lol! xD ... a faked image. You can see that my screenname has been pasted a few pixels too low on the line, and it varies from line to line.

Posted by: admin ()
Date: April 12, 2008 08:31AM

If I had been in the Lobby at the time, I certainly would have muted the guy to prevent him from annoying everyone else. Right now only admins can do this. If this kind of thing gets to be a major problem and not just an occasional occurence we can talk about making some people moderators. The question then becomes who? Perhaps we have a vote among the members.

Date: April 12, 2008 10:57AM

Hmm, it's always difficult. Maybe a spam filter would anyway be the most valuable thing. Just record if a user posts alot of lines per minute .. i don't know what rates work of course .. but anyway if the user does warn & mute him/her for 5 minutes, if the user continues spamming, temp-ban for 24hrs and the next time permanent. Would probably take a few hours to implement though, so I guess it's up to you.

=)

Posted by: Captain Planet ()
Date: May 29, 2008 02:20PM

I would vote Hallali as a moderator

A regular and mature player, would be the reason. Wouldn't really suggest anyone else.

Posted by: hallali ()
Date: June 13, 2008 04:10AM

I´d do it, although I have a volatile temper from time to time. But I wouldn´t abuse given rights.

Date: June 13, 2008 05:00AM

I think the big problem that day was the spam .. flooding the entire screen both in game and out of it with "Fuck you" should be caught up by some kind of filter.

Moderators could catch verbal abuse, but they'd have to be logged on. And they should probably follow the chat from the beginning of the argument, since alot of cruel insults can be spoken without the use of foul language. And when it gets messy it isn't the angry person's fault.

Since there is no logs for the chat available that wouldn't work so easy.

Posted by: -RIPPE- ()
Date: June 20, 2008 02:03AM

sorry to say it that rough, but some of you guys must have some advanced brain stupidity! there is no such thing as foul language, all words have been made to get used. what you represent is a consciousness of selfcensorship that perverts the freedom of itself. i aint spamming nor do i insult people more often as necessary and i HATE these language filters or people writing f**k instead of fuck. i play this game quite often and none of the guys spamming, keep on doin it if they are ignored. FUCK THE POLICE.

Date: June 20, 2008 03:51AM

Rippe, I agree that all words have a use, and I'm quite insensitive to abuse myself. It took at least 30 minutes of abuse and flooding/spamming before I thought enough is enough and started searching for ways to kick the malcreant. I am also of the opinion that moderators I've met in the past have a way too low tolerance for conflict.

However I would like to state that I seriously disagree if you think abuse is normal and OK. In normal life people everywhere are abusive, sometimes verbally sometimes psychologically (freezing people out), sometimes physically.
The effects (and possibly purpose) of this is the destruction of the victims self-esteem, yielding psychological problems for years and years to come.

Isn't it ok to hate the abusers ?

It may be one of my many personality flaws that I can get seriously angry when people treat eachother in a respectless and abusive way. I even believe a social lock-out - a wall of ICE - is the best way to deal with abusive people. If it happens in real life, they are likely to suffer a depression from the social stigma. Some people are able to learn new ways of behaviour, others may learn only if they get help.

- I started this thread because of a 1 hour session of spamming/flooding (following a 20-30 minutes session of random verbal abuse and taunting)
- I proposed countermeasures
- I even backed down on my proposition to have moderators, because probably like you, I hate it when an arrogant oversensitive bastard acts as police, judge and jury.

Now I want to state what I want again (probably a little different than before) :
- A spam/flood filter that warns then mutes 5 minutes and kicks 1 hour on repeated antisocial behaviour.
- A judge/jury system to lock out social misfits whose *only goal* is to rampage the communitys or a single persons experience by verbal abuse and excessive antisocial behaviour.

Posted by: Dizzy ()
Date: January 03, 2009 11:36AM

Kobrakai Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Lol! xD ... a faked image. You can see that my
> screenname has been pasted a few pixels too low on
> the line, and it varies from line to line.

Im a photoshop user and i can clearly say that you are talking Bullshit.
Its not an edited picture , just face the fact that you are one of them.
And no to foul language filters , Word Freedom all the way. FUCK The Filters !!!!

Posted by: LikeNoOthers ()
Date: January 04, 2009 12:03PM

Dizzy, it is fake...

Posted by: Dizzy ()
Date: January 05, 2009 04:46AM

Well can you explain this then ?
You know that you cant trust *everyone* here.

So pasting it over would go onto the text ergo it aint possible.I really dont care if he even did it im just trying to prove my answer.

*Edit :) my apologies.It is fake , if you check those two pictures what Rippe and Kobrakai posted then check the time.Its exactly the same.I will keep my picture tho to show my fail ^^

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2009 05:44AM by Dizzy.

Posted by: LikeNoOthers ()
Date: January 05, 2009 05:41AM

To end it too all.. Time is exactly the same

Posted by: evilbastard ()
Date: January 18, 2009 08:13PM

I don't care about verbal abuse,it's actually a fun part of this game/site.....lol

But there can and should be a FLOOD FILTER/MAX CHARACTER limiter to keep that from happening because it affects the game play for everyone, whether they are in the lobby or not.

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.