~~~ Get ready for another block of text filled with my crazy ideas :3
- Add a troop morale & combat experience system to the game. Bonus troop production and failing to pay troops in winter causes armies to lose morale thus increasing the chance of volatile battle odds and/or complete loss. Troops that survive battles may accumulate combat experience & morale depending on terrain and battlements (fort, keep or castle). Morale can also be affected by sheer difference in army size w/ enemy or engaging in an unfavorable position like attacking a fort.
- Adding on to my previous idea about bonus troop production, you could name the bonus troops as Conscripted troops (option available for lands with excess farms/population?) and they should have minimal combat experience.
- Something else I just randomly thought of: Lands that have been put on producing Troops for consecutive turns will create stronger/experienced troops as compared to those that haven't so backlands + capital (put on Gold) are less suited to replace Fronts.
- Neutral lands have their own AI's that may interact/cooperate with players. Replace their troops with militia's instead. I've yet to decide what the difference should be but I think militia's should have their numbers & strength to scale with their respective land's culture and population.
- Introduce more in-depth "Culture" development trees that provides more specific incentives than just a multiplier for production. E.g. choosing to research Architecture increases defense of Battlements by ...%, advance route for higher economies, etc.
- Game Host has the option of toggling a "blind (Fog) map" option but still customizing the map (changing cap positions).
- A concise explanation of the vague "height factor" I mentioned when talking about combat in Fog: add Terrain, Height, Distance (plus Seasons) to maps so battles aren't solely affected by "luck" any longer. I was suggesting that in Fog of War maps, there should be a possibility to lose your (whole) army when attacking/moving through "unfamiliar lands" aka you've only just had vision over the adjacent land.
- Add a feature to Fog of War battles that diplomats can be used to hide, confuse or muddle enemy Vision/Sight so Stats on Land Infobox or Troops Numbers can be changed & inflated than what it actually is. (Does not apply to allies in Team Games ofc)
- Option to create more teams than just two... *duh* :P
- Introduce other methods to engage in battle like Trench Warfare between land borders, constant Guerrilla Tactics in backlands, Naval Warfare between sea routes, Siege Assaults from Forts/High Terrain, plundering of Supply Trains, possibility of Civil War or Coups D'etat if population becomes too discontent.
- Diplomats = (Counter-)Espionage, Cold War-esque Spy Battles sounds suited especially for Fog of War! As sixamplayer mentioned dips should be allowed to, "agressively spread culture to neighbouring lands; instead of making armies to capture all the lands around, you could make diplomats and make them subvert / rebel"
- Green-colored system messages (both in-game and lobby) should fade over time since it's only important short-term imo ... At least, I'm sure not many pay attention to them, if any.
- Create a use for this *currently* redundant feature (showing players from chatbox) in-game: [prntscr.com
] such as whispering through clicks, showing activity/end turn timers, possibly showing turn orders for allies in team games, etc...
- Maybe add a notice to the website/login page whenever the game is updated to a new version so those who access it through old bookmarks or still haven't refreshed the client to the new version won't get stuck w/ bugs & errors.
- (Suggested by tinky, posted on his behalf) Battlements (forts/keeps/castles) increase troop production. Dev Forts +2, Adv Fort +3, Dev Keeps/Castles +4 - +5, adv keep/castle +5 - +6, etc...
- (Minor Aesthetic Changes) Allow us to see the players in Lobby through a pop-up box, much like the Options/Help menu's while in-game. Add links to the forums from the login page. Add the title of the map above the selection for Capitals for Lobby/Waiting Game. Ability to Drag-Drop player names to choose player's starting positions. Ability to lock/unlock, toggle features, kick players, re-customize map, etc... [prntscr.com
] (Excuse my bad handwriting :P)
Btw Alex, if you read this, could you remove the time limit for editing posts so threads don't get overly cluttered with posts everytime an edit could solve? That's it for now; probably will have time to brainstorm more on the weekends.