Thanks for your comments Attila. I really appreciate your input.
The names are all based on a professional history software purchased on [www.euratlas.net
]. The names should all be in english if available. In some cases, only latin ones are available.
I am pretty sure that there are some errors as you already pointed out regarding Desmond and Cumania. Your help is welcome. If you can report the errors here in the forum i will fix them in the next update :)
I would also like to hear some comments to the map layout. If there are reasonable ideas to improve it i will do it in the next release.
Regarding battle calcs:
The algorithm is simpler than you might expect:
- Every unit has a 45% chance to kill an enemy unit. This is repeated until one army has 0 units.
- Fort: 0-5 units have 100% attack and defense bonus
- Keep: 0-20 units have 100% attack and defense bonus
- Castle: 0-30 units have 100% attack and defense bonus
The output is this: [en.wikipedia.org
- The effect of forts is very strong for few units
- The effect of forts is nearly 0 for battles with many hundred units
The idea behind forts in conqueror is that some units are fortified with a high bonus (100% = double power) but that the large army is placed outside the forts w/o any bonus.
Taking your example:
420 vs 390 in fort = 420 (0% bonus) vs 385 (0% bonus) + 5 (100% bonus)
Before i implemented that algorithm i tested it with millions of dry-runs collected in excel sheets for statistic analyses. It seemed fine for me. Compared to the old algorithm it produced less chaotic results.
But again... maybe there is a mistake. In the next weeks i will be online to play some games and chat with some players. If it shows that there is an error i will fix it and if the majority of players dislikes the new calc, i will revert it.