Gamers' Lounge :  Conqueror! Forum
Arrange meeting times for new games, discuss past games and strategies, socialize with other players. 
Joining a late game
Posted by: SirDaniel ()
Date: March 02, 2008 11:37AM

Come on people, if you are going to join a game in process, please, PLEASE take a good look at the game map. Do NOT join a big AI nation next to a player. It is very unfair, as you can use your AI inflated armies to destroy the player, who spent the past half hour building up his country.

It happened in about 90% of the open games I've played in and it is highly frustrating. Am I the only one who finds it annoying?

Please comment.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Joining a late game
Posted by: Comrade-D ()
Date: March 06, 2008 02:21PM

It is annoying, and it isn't going to stop, either.
So, I suggest be prepared for the unexpected.

Posted by: Captain Planet ()
Date: March 06, 2008 05:07PM

Always expect it dude. When someone joins, switch production in capital as security measure, if you don't, you deserve it!

Posted by: Comrade-D ()
Date: March 07, 2008 05:14PM

I've thought of another comment for you: get to know other players. Talk with them, get a feel for their integrity and dignity.....get to know enough players and you can play password protected games and invite your friends to them. This will keep the saboteur out.

Enjoy! :D

Posted by: Cpt-Idla ()
Date: March 27, 2008 03:49PM

Don't whine about it. Always be on alert and expect the unexpected. It will make you a better player in the long run.

Also be sure to always keep track of when someone is joining or leaving the game if it is an open game. I am guilty of this myself, as at times I will notice late that someone has left or joined.

Posted by: -RIPPE- ()
Date: March 29, 2008 07:15AM

free games for free people! password protected games are kinda stupid. den letzten beißen die hunde.

Posted by: gzav ()
Date: April 18, 2008 06:29AM

One could say that being surrounded by AIs which don't attack is unfair...

So be prepared for latecomers, they have anyway very few chances to win as they are not well develloped.

[gzav.free.fr]

Posted by: grehhdf ()
Date: October 19, 2012 03:15AM

5 May 2012 – Every person of North Face north face outlet onlineNuptse outlet stores merchandise take advantage of a effortless and quickly advanced pattern and Cheap North ...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.