Gamers' Lounge :  Conqueror! Forum
Arrange meeting times for new games, discuss past games and strategies, socialize with other players. 
Pages: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 8 of 10
Re: Top 10.
Posted by: Paars ()
Date: January 07, 2011 01:57PM

Sorry, Red_Rose is 1 of my accounts.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: LikeNoOthers ()
Date: January 07, 2011 03:26PM

Well, are you Dreamer then too? He said he would reveal himself new years eve.

Date: January 07, 2011 03:36PM

No, I'm not him he's one of the people trying to beat me undercover so I created red_rose to beat him lol.

Posted by: Attila ()
Date: January 20, 2011 02:03PM

These are the currently active players that I consider the top at this moment. That means I don't count for example Master, I've seen him play too little lately to consider him an active player, I can not judge if he's still the top dog. Shame it is actually. I sometimes think back of the days when we would play 2v3 and 99% of those games we won :) The difference in level between the top, decent players and "noobs" was much bigger in those days.
I also haven't seen Xuul play, except losing the semis to Rippe. Really miss neo, anyone heard from him? He was always great to play with.
I'm also not including Icequeen, Gratis, Lancelot, Harry and Emperror, as I haven't seen them for a while, unless they play under an alias that I don't know of, of course, but they probably still would be TOP-10, they all used to be better than at least the bottom 5-7 of this list.

Alas:

1 Paars
2 Don
3 Xi
4 Squeegie
5 Izzlekizzle
6 Rippe
7 Hallali
8 LNO
9 HST
10 Ghost

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/2011 02:13PM by Attila.

Posted by: Attila ()
Date: January 22, 2011 07:29PM

I'm happy to anounce that Lancelot is still very much TOP-10 :)

Mukemmel savas! :))

Posted by: Myopia ()
Date: January 05, 2012 09:41PM

Mostly just a bump. I can't recall who I've played in the last week that merits top 10, but for those who have been playing more throw some out there!

Posted by: Lancelot ()
Date: May 31, 2014 03:52PM

This used to be a great thread in the past. I am logging in the game with some aliases lately, but can not see many from the lists anymore. Almost all the players I played lately are the ones who discovered the game in the last year or two, so I think it is time to renew the list based on never-ending 2013 tournament results and new players' performances.

Posted by: IzzleKizzle ()
Date: June 06, 2014 03:50PM

Lance. The list is simple:

1. IzzleKizzle
2. IzzleKizzle
3. IzzleKizzle
4. IzzleKizzle
5. IzzleKizzle
6. IzzleKizzle
7. IzzleKizzle
8. IzzleKizzle
9. IzzleKizzle
10. Lancelot

Date: June 07, 2014 11:03AM

Come on Izzle, you cant be serious with that list. #5 is not worthy of top 10 list and #3 and #7 should swap.

Date: June 07, 2014 01:07PM

Hmmm... you have a good point. I saw #7 beat Attila in 15 turns. It took #3 20.

Posted by: Fenix ()
Date: June 08, 2014 12:47AM

lol well, here's my two cents on current Top 10 of 2014 (still active-ish):

1. Gratis
2. Perikles
3. Paars
4. XuuL
5. * Lightning (briefly played against)
6. Attila
7. Rex
8. Squeegie
9. -Empty- (couldn't think of anyone else)
10. phdavoid2

* = Not a regular player / haven't seen him play much.

Posted by: Squeegie ()
Date: June 08, 2014 09:55PM

Fenix Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> lol well, here's my two cents on current Top 10 of
> 2014 (still active-ish):
>
> 1. Gratis
> 2. Perikles
> 3. Paars
> 4. XuuL
> 5. * Lightning (briefly played against)
> 6. Attila
> 7. Rex
> 8. Squeegie
> 9. -Empty- (couldn't think of anyone else)
> 10. phdavoid2
>
> * = Not a regular player / haven't seen him play
> much.

Haven't seen #1, #2, #3, #6, or #9 play in a long time. In fact, I've never seen -Empty- play a game. I'm surprised you put him above poor phd.

Fenix #11.

Posted by: Fenix ()
Date: June 08, 2014 11:47PM

Well I was originally going to put #9 as Tinky_Winky but he isn't as active as he was a year ago so might be a little rusty. Gratis is busy with national service now but the brief times he's played he still owned :P

Paars plays under lotsa aliases a few months back at least. Attila still plays a lot, you miss seeing him due to different timezones most likely. And naw, I'm the far-off #20(ish) that sometimes manages to play well or ruin the game completely :3

Date: June 09, 2014 03:30PM

Xuul and I created a "Jenny Bot". It still glitches just before winter, but it plays pretty well.

I'd put Jenny Bot at #6 and the real Jenny at #31 or so.

Posted by: Gratis ()
Date: June 20, 2014 05:47AM

I have taken courses in National Defence University to become a better player. Still the variability of my game level is too high.

Date: July 28, 2014 04:10AM

Wasn't able to play past few months, still wont be much in the upcoming either.

Posted by: Gratis ()
Date: September 07, 2014 05:29AM

I haven't been able to play for a month, so finally had spare time and this lucky lad made my day :)

Posted by: Deidara ()
Date: December 12, 2014 01:50AM

Hey hey it's Deidara aka Sasori. please top 10 players, let me atleast see one of you in the lobby sometime. I've been back for maybe a week and havent seen ANY names I recognise. I've played in total 4 teamgames and no one I've played with can be anywhere in the top 50 (if there is even a top 50)... I miss getting my ass kicked by Master or Paars, totally serious here...never thought I'd say that.

Posted by: XuuL ()
Date: December 30, 2014 10:46AM

There are some oldschoolers and newcomers who can kick asses ;)

For me it is hard to play the very defensive strategy which seems to be common these days.

Date: December 30, 2014 11:34AM

XuuL Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
.. the very defensive
strategy which seems to be common these days."

I think this has something to do with the new build. Atleast, from what i've noticed, you barely get anything from letting your buildings produce soldiers to wait for them to be devoted. My example would be a +1 primitive land. In the old patch, once it got supportive, it would only take 2 turns to make a farm and then 3 turns to develope. Which was shorter than developing in 40k. However, with the new patch, this doesn't seem to happen. And soldier wise, you get much more from advanced lands.

TL;DR:
So atm, its focused most on getting to the advanced status faster, as there are to few advantages of waiting with developement.

Pages: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 8 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.