Gamers' Lounge :  Conqueror! Forum
Arrange meeting times for new games, discuss past games and strategies, socialize with other players. 
Pages: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 29
Re: --- Results 3v3 ---
Posted by: jo123456 ()
Date: July 31, 2009 06:37PM

south v north, south wins

south: ee (me) nicaea, squeegie rome, grenada sixamplayer

north: hallali, live4games (muscovy), madman

squeegie has a good start, i have good lands... adv south from the beginning and we play well....

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: jo123456 ()
Date: July 31, 2009 06:43PM

north starts so so (meaning i completely fuck up the start and only survived thanks to sov), but souths center is even weaker than me and in one big leap master makes it fall around turn 33

north master eire, sovereign saxony, ee (me) muscovy
south whatprowhome grenada, SIlverfox roma (until he realises hes going to die, then fartface), squeegie nicaea

Posted by: empError ()
Date: July 31, 2009 09:02PM

Ulster (live4games) vs Ukraine (Lalo)
Burgundy (ee) vs Hungary (empError)
Grenada (jojm0) vs Nicaea (Rrrrr)

l4g declared me dead in turn 1, as ee had some good lands. I opted for a cautious tactic, and let ee take Austria, focusing on taking my backlands first. Lalo came to Poland, and Rrrrr to Roma for support. My only developing land, Serbia was taken by ee, and I was surprised to see that he had completed advancing his capital at turn 10. Lalo seemed stronger than l4g in the north, and Rrrrr took Genoa, for a go at Burgundy. A cap attempt failed there, and a bit later jojm0 had caught up, and drove Rrrr away from ee. After some skirmishes in Germany involving the 4 northern players, l4g got the better of the game there. Ee started producing more and more armies, and got to Dalmatia in summer, Serbia in autumn, taking Macedonia in winter, cutting off Rrrr's frontline in Napoli, with over 80 armies. My second move was from Genoa to Provence, which could have cut jojm0's almost equally large troops, but this failed. (I'm not sure whether it would have worked, as jojm had a line through Tunis a little later, at least). Ee
had a failed attempt at Hungary. A while later, he came with 80+ armies, vs. a 40+ defence, and Hungary fell. About two turns later, east conceded.

Attachments: l4gEejoj_LaloEmpRrr.jpg (287 KB)  
Posted by: : ()
Date: August 01, 2009 08:46AM

I'm Hanon, not Rippe.. How the hell can u compare him to me.

Posted by: MrScientist ()
Date: August 02, 2009 08:17AM

So far...

I plotted the nr of times a cap is taken (left figure). Unsurprisingly, the centre countries are taken most. I did expect turkey to be more balanced with russia though.
Apparently if turkey gets big he will usually go for germany too.
Note this is not the winning/losing rate; its probably biased with games
where spain is big, north concedes but no cap is taken.

Also. the length of a avarage 3v3 conquerorgame is on average 33.45 turns.
If it lasts longer than 40 turns, all bets are off, could be lasting just as well to turn 50 70 or 100.

Thanks for, and keep on posting:)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2009 08:19AM by MrScientist.

Attachments: statsconq.JPG (35.9 KB)  
Posted by: Sovereign ()
Date: August 02, 2009 10:58AM

This is awesome.

Posted by: Tiffany ()
Date: August 02, 2009 11:32AM

Great stats Sci. I love pie charts, i always imagine them to be different flavoured cake slices.

Posted by: Master ()
Date: August 02, 2009 01:33PM

Im surprised that Spain's piece is so big. Normally Italy falls before Spain because of help from UK.

Date: August 02, 2009 07:32PM

Ulster (master) - Saxony (Paars) - Muscovy (JaketheSnack)
vs.
Grenada (Rrrrr) - Corsica (Sovereign) - Nicaea (empError)

Early in the game, Paars drew 8 (I think) armies together in Burgundy, while Sovereign was advancing. His attempt at Corsica (5:2) failed, and Rrrr helped out by taking Provence. With Corsica advanced, Sov recovered a bit. Master was already coming down, however, and a fort at Gascony became Rrrrr's 'stumbling block' (I think this is Anglo-Dutch, but you get what I mean), for a while. For most of the game, rrr kept having trouble keeping master away from Sov, making it impossible for Sov to survive. I had the upper hand in the east, and could send some expeditions to Paars (Hanover once, some attacks at Austria/Bohemia), but the map makes clear how dire the situation for south was, when it conceded. Grenada also no 'fresh'.

Attachments: MasPrsJak_RrrSovEmp.jpg (260.4 KB)  
Date: August 03, 2009 04:18PM

Ulster (Rrrrr) - Saxony (Dawn) - Muscovy (Sargon)
vs.
Grenada (King_Kent) - Roma (limbo) - Nicaea (empError)

limbo got in trouble early on, when Dawn was laying siege to Roma, and got it, in turn 11. Kent helped drive Dawn away there, but the pressure stayed on, and rrrrr had it relatively easy coming down, as Kent was fighting without backlands for much of the game. I stayed in balance with Sargon for a while, but once he started taking Bulgaria, I was over with too. At least I couldn't help out in center, where Dawn overran limbo, who hadn't had a chance to advance.

I only have a screenshot from when Roma fell, the first time.

Date: August 03, 2009 04:20PM

... and here is the screenshot. I tried to make another at the end, but my connection broke.

Attachments: RrrDawnSar_KKLimboEmp.jpg (273.8 KB)  
Date: August 03, 2009 06:07PM

And a game with great potential that ended in disappointment:

Ulster (Sargon) - Hanover (Squeegie) - Lithuania (empError)
vs.
Grenada (?/hst) - Roma (Adrien/Master) - Nicaea (King_Kent/fireweasel)

Squeegie soon was under severe pressure from Adrien/Dawn/some alias. Kent was reluctant to take the poor lands in front of him, and took Byzantium only very late. I expanded like a maniac, and got hold of Bulgaria, threatening Byz and Macedonia, taking them regularly.

The sad part of the game was that many people got disconnected. Happened to me twice, and to Squeegie. I missed when Kent got out, but apparently Adrien left when fireweasel replaced, and hst also replaced someone (forgot who). Master took over Rome for a few turns.

When Adrien left, I had taken Venetia, with a 4:2 chance for Roma. That didn't happen, but at this time Squeegie advanced. In the west, Sargon had a hard time holding off Grenada, losing England. I took Napoli, but in that turn fireweasel took Tripoli from Master, after warnings that he should not attack it. This ended the game. Undecided, I'd say. End situation attached.

Attachments: SarSquEmp_HstAdrKK.jpg (282.8 KB)  
Posted by: : ()
Date: August 03, 2009 06:14PM

I advanced same turn as Squeegie
I messed up by getting gold to buy advancement..

Posted by: Squeegie ()
Date: August 03, 2009 10:39PM

Master Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Im surprised that Spain's piece is so big.
> Normally Italy falls before Spain because of help
> from UK.

I think that's due to the number of noobs that are encouraged (or choose) to take Grenada.

Date: August 04, 2009 06:12AM

Squeegie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Master Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Im surprised that Spain's piece is so big.
> > Normally Italy falls before Spain because of
> help
> > from UK.
>
> I think that's due to the number of noobs that are
> encouraged (or choose) to take Grenada.

Yea As I remember, most games where spain fell, were the ones
that were over really early; before a real front can develop

Date: August 04, 2009 02:52PM

About the stats: Are they based only on games with lands in Italy/Germany/Russia, etc., or on all games?

In games where Tunis is in, Spain (Aragon) is likely to become north's prey. I guess that for Russia, Muscovy may be harder to reach than Saxony, and Lithuania is typically too strong for Nicaea.

Date: August 04, 2009 03:21PM

In principle all N-S games where it is noted that a cap was taken
or was about to fall. But amount of tunis-games was rather small as i remember.

Date: August 04, 2009 04:27PM

Ulster (ee) - Hanover (hallali) - Muscovy (Sargon)
vs.
Grenada (Hanon) - Roma (empError) - Nicaea (limbo)

As Saxony, Luxembourg, and Flanders were developed, I took a cautious approach, and advanced Roma early, starting turn 6 or so, counting on Grenada to win the game for south. The game was pretty balanced in the east, in my opinion, and Hanon (Adrien) had the better in the west, but had trouble controlling ee, probably because he had to spend quite some armies at hallali. I recovered pretty well, and got the upper hand in the center, I felt, but then I lost many armies in winter, failing to switch my cap and Napoli to money. This is happening too much to me lately. Hallali also was seriously short of money a bit later, but could raise many armies after that, so that her losses were limited. More and more armies came my way, and I succumbed in turn 36, losing Roma.

Date: August 04, 2009 04:29PM

For some reason I press 'post message' when I want to attach a file...

Attachments: eeHallSar_HanonEmpLimbo.jpg (271.7 KB)  
Date: August 04, 2009 07:10PM

Ulster (Sargon/kill-a-lot) - Saxony (empError) - Muscovy (Adrien)
vs.
Grenada (arf) - Corsica (Squeegie) - Nicaea (Master)

Squeegie sought the early confrontation with we, by taking Burgundy from the locals, and Lux from me. He kept pressure on me, until he started advancing, and I moved up to his capital, but with too few forces to really threaten it. Then, when I advanced my cap, Squeeg reinstated his grip, with some help from Master at Bohemia. I hardly got the chance to build a farm in front of my cap. Sargon was replaced by kill-a-lot, an alias for live4games. Ulster held Grenada off well, with a good control of the coastal lands. Master was stronger than Adrien in the east, and it soon became clear that north stood no real chance. But we kept playing until turn 31 (seemed much longer to me), maybe hoping for a miracle from l4g.

Attachments: SargEmpAdr_arfSquMas.jpg (265.3 KB)  
Pages: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.