Gamers' Lounge :  Conqueror! Forum
Arrange meeting times for new games, discuss past games and strategies, socialize with other players. 
Pages: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829Next
Current Page: 27 of 29
Re: --- Results 3v3 ---
Posted by: IceQueen ()
Date: October 10, 2010 06:01AM

Northumberland (empError) - Saxony (live4games) - Lithuania (Savior)
vs.
Portugal (Squeegie) - Corsica (LNO) - Nicaea (ghost)

LNO was reluctant to play this map, but upon seeing the distribution of lands, south gave themselves a good chance. Grenada, Aragon, Tangiers, and Genoa were developed. For the north, Hanover and Ulster were developed. I didn't check the east. Squeegie quickly moved up to Ile de France, from where he contested Normandy with me. Live4games seemed to have an advantage in the center, but LNO stayed in control of Genoa and Roma most of the time, developing steadily behind it. Ghost seemed a bit stronger than Savior, at times intruding into Moldavia or Poland and Brandenburg. I managed to get control of Normandy, but Brittany remained contested territory, and Squeegie and me were in almost complete balance in terms of population and culture. LNO gradually became stronger, with all his backlands advanced and his frontlands (Provence, Genoa, Venetia) developed. From turn 33 on, he moved his front north, to the lands bordering Saxony. As the flanks could offer little support to l4g, north conceded in turn 37.

Attachments: empL4gSav_SquLNOGho.JPG (136 KB)  
Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: empError ()
Date: October 10, 2010 06:13AM

(it was me posting the last post)

Ulster (LNO) - Saxony (Rex) - Lithuania (Squeegie)
vs.
Grenada (waaq) - Roma (empError) - Nicaea (ghost)

This was a league game, with LNO and waaq as guest players.

Rex expanded much faster than me, taking his sixth land while I had three lands. He also had a 30k developed Brandenburg near, allowing him to advance Saxony by turn 8, when I still had to start advancing. Rex put some pressure on me when I started advancing, but with ghost taking care of a fort in Dalmatia, and Corsica and Napoli developed, I could manage. LNO had Ulster advanced when Grenada still had to. Both ghost and waaq helped me a bit, but north gained the advantage on all fronts. In turn 27, Squeeg got a substantial force in Napoli, while Rex was knocking on the northern gates, from Venetia and Genoa. Turn 28, the combined attack lead to Rex taking Rome, and south conceding.

Attachments: LNOrexSqu_waaqEmpGho.JPG (138.2 KB)  
Date: October 10, 2010 06:43AM

Ulster (Paars/AI) - Hanover (Aida/tomjoad) - Lithuania (baggio)
vs.
Grenada (nosy) - Corsica (ibg) - Nicaea (empError)

Aida had a nice front, with Rhineland and Bohemia developed +2, and Saxony and I believe also Brandenburg developed. But ibg quickly took Austria and Helvetica to contest these nice lands, and I soon took a +2 forted Dalmatia for support there. I got an advantage in the east. Then Aida d/c'd. After one turn of AI-moves, tomjoad substituted. Ibg got the advantage in center. A bit later Paars left (or maybe d/c'd?). Nobody substituted. Aida had logged on in the meantime, but he didn't seem eager to substitute, although I think nobody asked him directly.

By turn 21 others left the game. This should count as a south win, I think.

Attachments: PrsAidaBag_nosyIbgEmp.JPG (137.5 KB)  
Date: October 10, 2010 03:33PM

Ulster (MrScientist) - Hanover (empError) - Ukraine (kreatora3)
vs.
Grenada (nosy) - Corsica (Zarathustra) - Nicaea (zonad?/ibg)

All UK lands were occupied by 3 armies at the start, which made MrScientist's start tough. I think the lands weren't much good either. I had some excellent lands, with Brandenburg, Saxony, Bohemia, and Luxembourg developed. I expanded quickly, and assisted mainly kreatora in the Balcans, but I also tried to alleviate the pressure that nosy soon put on England. Kreatora soon invaded Macedonia and Nicaea. Then zonad, or a similar name, disconnected, and ibg replaced. Ratios were pretty bad for me throughout the game, and Zarathustra and me were about equal in strength. Despite his awkward starting position, ibg managed to get even with kreatora, probably aided by +2s in Natolia and Cyprus. Eventually, he even got stronger. I had a feeling that kreatora took way too long to develop Russia, but maybe this was caused by the short-distance war in the east. Pressure on England remained throughout the game. There were moments that my empire was torn apart by nosy coming in from the west, and ibg coming in from the east, but I managed to keep it all together. The situation on the flanks was worsening, however, and north conceded in turn 40.

Attachments: SciEmpKre_nosyZarIbg.JPG (219.9 KB)  
Date: October 10, 2010 07:21PM

Wales (spoxy) - Denmark (ibg) - Ukraine (Rex)
vs.
Portugal (Arpad) - Rome (myopia) - Nicaea (empError)

The most important developed lands were at Hanover, Rhineland, Moldavia (+2), and I believe in Corsica (also +2?). Rex had a fast expansion compared to the others. Myopia had a somewhat slow start. 40 Byzantium and Greece revolted on me, after which Rex put substantial pressure on Byzantium and Macedonia, leaving me little other options than to produce armies in all my lands, although I did get Nicaea advanced and other lands developed quite early on. Myopia took over the defense of Macedonia, so that I could develop Greece and Byzantium. Ibg got strong in the center, though. Arpad did well against spoxy, but spoxy's positional advantage gave him opportunities to attack myopia at Provence/Genoa. Thanks to myopia's help, I was getting close to Rex in the score, but Rome got besieged by spoxy and ibg. In turn 32, ibg took Rome and north won.

Attachments: spoxyIbgRex_ArpMyoEmp.JPG (135.5 KB)  
Date: October 11, 2010 12:42PM

Ulster (ttt) - Hanover (Comnenus) - Lithuania (KeyserSoze)
vs.
Castile (SunTzu) - Rome (empError) - Nicaea (Oscuro)

I had a nice land in a developed Venetia, while Comnenus didn't have a developed land nearby. I confronted ttt over the not-so-important lands Burgundy and Normandy. Comnenus quickly advanced Saxony, before advancing Hanover. I tried to get to Saxony, as this would leave Comnenus disarmed, but I did not succeed in this. ttt got through at my left flank a few times, helped by good ratios. Oscuro got through Soze's defenses through Moldavia Poland, twice in a row, helped by first moves turn after turn. Brandenburg was also taken this way, and a winter attempt at Hanover 1:1 just failed. Comnenus progressed a line forward in central Europe, taking Helvetica and Burgundy. But I took my backlands, which would give me the advantage eventually, and Tzu's pressure on England increased, while Soze looked in bad shape too. ttt left the game around turn 24/25, and no replacement came. North conceded then, turn 27.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2010 12:58PM by empError.

Attachments: tttComnSoz_TzuEmpOsc.JPG (137.2 KB)  
Date: October 11, 2010 07:29PM

Wales (Paars/madman) - Denmark (sirbela) - Lithuania (KeyserSoze)
vs.
Grenada (Savior) - Rome (empError) - Crete (Rex)

Paars was soon all over Savior, with Gascony and a fort in Aquitaine often succumbing to Paars's pressures. I kept a substantial force in Ile, but this also gave way to Paars's desires for expansion. Sirbela soon advanced Hanover, and +2 developed Brandenburg soon followed. Rex was doing great in the east, and he seemed south's only hope of winning, with Crete, mind you.

Soze got some first turns in defending a fort at Moldavia, which cost Rex many troops, and it may have saved Soze from an early defeat. Paars d/c'd, and madman substituted. Instantly, Savior got better in the game, although the game kept swaying in favor of Wales, then Grenada, then Wales again, mostly according to first turns, I think. Sirbela advanced faster than me, and at some point he approached with many armies. I feared this was the beginning of the end. Rex came to the rescue first by taking over the defense of Dalmatia, later by sending some dozens of troops to Austria, cutting many of sirbela's troops in Dalmatia or Venetia in one winter. This was enough to get me even with sirbela. Rex stayed in control in the east, while Savior was getting into the UK and Holland. In Holland, his 23 armies were attacked by 36 of sirbela, in winter. All troops from both sides were annihilated. Savior claimed that he attacked Hanover, which would have cut all of sirbela's armies in Europe. North was weakening on all fronts now, and in turn 47, north conceded.

Attachments: madmSirbSoz_SavEmpRex.JPG (142.2 KB)  
Date: October 11, 2010 07:36PM

Let this picture be a warning.

Players:
Ulster (great) - Saxony (empError) - Muscovy (ibg)
vs.
Aragon (Savior) - Tunis (sirbela) - Greece (LNO)

Another proof that Greece is pretty bad. And this was the second time in the day that someone attacked a teammate. Earlier it was a player named 'ok', from Ulster attacking Luxembourg. Now it was great attacking Holland and Hanover. I took Norway in retaliation. Too bad he screwed up this win for us. Game does not count, I'd say.

Attachments: greatEmpIbg_SavSirbLNO.JPG (141.1 KB)  
Date: October 12, 2010 06:23AM

For the game with sirbela in Denmark (2 posts above this one), I should add that sirbela got a 4:2 opportunity for Rome, just after I advanced. I got first move, so the danger was averted. Also, a +2 developed Byzantium worked in Rex's advantage.

Posted by: LikeNoOthers ()
Date: October 14, 2010 02:58PM

so, time for me to post one again.

Ulster (madman) - Saxony (Arpad) - Muscovy (IceQueen)
vs
Aragon (spoxy) - Tunis (LNO) - Nicaea (Gratis)

game started out with a bad start for Gratis, me and madman, decent one for Spoxy and good ones for Arpad and Queen. But as fight began, queen wasn't so lucky.

In east queen began to rule, but Gratis never very far behind. He also took moldavia many times.

In the middle, arpad had expanded and developed nicely, due to his good start, while i just had gotten Sicilia.

In west it seemed very equal untill Spoxy could take england and hold it for 1 turn. Arpad interfered and west was again equal. Gratis still just defending. I was building up a nice front ( by the end of the game, Sardinia, Corsica, Roma, and Napoli all 100k) and decided to put alot of pressure on Arpad.

Because of this, Spoxy gained control over west and i got control over middle.
one turn i had a go at Rhine, Spoxy at Lux and gratis at Bohemia, which made Arpad whine and complain, that it was all IceQueens and Madmans fault they had lost it.

Ended turn 46 with north conceding.

Reason to post this game: it was very equal throughout the game. And the way Arpad whined and blamed his teammates was just horrible to hear.

Date: October 16, 2010 06:55PM

Eire (nosy) - Hanover (empError) - Lithuania (spoxy/Oz)
vs.
Grenada (baggio) - Corsica (Savior/hst) - Nicaea (ghost)

A good long game, this was. Although the map looks very favorable to south, there were many developed lands in UK: Wales, England, Normandy, and I thought also Scotland. Byzantium was +2 dev, I thought, and Holland was developed, Bohemia +2. Not many good lands around Corsica and Grenada.

There was a lot of crossfire between nosy and Savior, and between baggio and me. Overall, we stayed quite in balance. Savior developed pretty well, though, and it was only because his moves weren't always too bright, and I got many first turns, that I stayed on my feet. Spoxy got a good advantage in the east, and he got control of the Balcans, taking Macedonia and Byzantium. He was not strong enough to take Nicaea, though. His invasions in Napoli weakened Savior, and this seemed to give north the edge. Baggio was also gaining on nosy, getting into England, so there was a race between baggio and spoxy. Savior was replaced by hst. With all lands except Venetia advanced, hst slowly pushed me back. Spoxy made some efforts to get to Nicaea, but he didn't get enough soldiers there, and had to pay quite a lot. Hst helped ghost by taking Macedonia several times, which got ghost on his feet. With pressure on nosy and me increasing, south now had the edge. Spoxy got tired of the long game, and was replaced by Oz. Ghost got out of his corner now, and could get to Moldavia. Baggio and hst were now surrounding my capital. In turn 72, north conceded.

Attachments: nosyEmpSpoxy_bagSavGho.jpg (291.3 KB)  
Date: October 16, 2010 07:06PM

Ulster (Gurtel) - Saxony (empError) - Ukraine (spoxy)
vs.
Grenada (nosy) - Corsica (IceQueen) - Nicaea (Savior)

IceQueen had a poor start, getting Genoa after much trouble, and Genoa, while I took my surrounding lands and Austria, from which I took Venetia. Nosy got to Gascony and Ile de France pretty quickly. I haven't seen Gurtel before. He farmed Ulster in turn 2, and seemed to develop very well, while keeping nosy under control, with only occasional assistance by me. Spoxy got total control in the east. As the game progressed, I needed to pay more attention to the west, so Ice could get the backlands. I kept a good advantage, though, partly because I got most first turns. With Gurtel staying in control of England, and spoxy besieging Nicaea, south conceded in turn 33.

Attachments: GurEmpSpoxy_nosyIceSav.jpg (284 KB)  
Date: October 16, 2010 07:12PM

Ulster (hst) - Hanover (JeePee) - Lithuania (KrazyKat)
vs.
Grenada (KeyserSoze) - Rome (Goliath) - Nicaea (ghost)

I substituted for Soze late in the game. Hst then had Brittany and Ile de France, and UK was farmed to 100k. JeePee had pressure on Goliath. Ghost was doing well versus KrazyKat, and south's hopes were on him. I felt I did pretty well in pushing hst out of France, for the most part. JeePee soon got to Rome, though. Ghost moved up to Dalmatia, from where he tried to help a bit. But JeePee held Rome tightly, and south conceded in turn 47.

Attachments: hstJPKrK_SozGolGho.jpg (290.4 KB)  
Date: October 23, 2010 06:10PM

Ulster (hst) - Hanover (BamBam/Savior2) - Lithuania (empError)
vs.
Grenada (ephedrine) - Rome (ibg) - Nicaea (Krazykat)

Ibg immediately had high pressure on BamBam, due to BamBam's bad start. I had great lands around, with a developed Ukraine, and +2s in Muscovy and Poland. While hst kept BamBam alive (as ibg attacked through Luxembourg, he was out of my reach), I got a good advantage over KrazyKat, invading Byzantium. But KrazyKat advanced well, while BamBam could only advance Hanover, not much else.

BamBam left the game, and was replaced by Savior2. He stayed alive, and I could now also help from the east. But Savior's situation was bad, and pressure on hst was also increasing, so north conceded turn 34.

Date: October 24, 2010 08:30AM

Ulster (LNO) - Hanover (hst) - Lithuania (KrazyKat)
vs.
Leon (Savior) - Corsica (empError) - Nicaea (ephedrine)

LNO was blessed with spectacular lands. I believe Wales, England, Normandy and Flanders were developed, and Norway and Normandy had +2s (?). I think most players had some good land around. Savior had some difficulty dealing with LNO, so I got quite some of LNO's armies in my west flank, particularly during the first half of the game. Ephedrine was doing well, and seemed to have the better of KrazyKat, although both got pretty strong. Hst advanced a little earlier than me, which gave him an advantage in troops that I couldn't match, so he ruled the Central European lands. LNO and hst came with substantial troops in Provence and Genoa respectively. Corsican defenders withstood LNO's attack, and reinforcements arrived in time to also avert hst's attack. That must have been around turn 30, I think. After this, I got some more air, also because ephedrine helped substantially by attacking hst around Austria. I got my last provinces, Venetia and Provence, advanced, and ephedrine offered my 80k Cyrenaice, but still I had trouble resisting hst. LNO had in the meantime built up UK to 100/120 k, during which he left me in relative peace, and was preparing for a final assault on Savior. LNO seemed to get the advantage in the west, while the rest was still fairly balanced, maybe slightly in favor of south. Then ephedrine launched a major force in the direction of hst. 118 troops moved to Austria, but KrazyKat took Macedonia in winter, cutting the line, leading to a loss of 113 troops. Now KrazyKat had a definite advantage in the east, and south had to concede. It seemed like ephedrine didn't know the rules for cutting in winter. It was turn 55, then.

Attachments: LNOhstKrK_SavEmpEph.jpg (295 KB)  
Date: October 24, 2010 08:40AM

Ulster (Oz) - Saxony (Paars) - Ukraine (Rex)
vs.
Castile (ephedrine) - Rome (empError) - Nicaea (ghost)

I had a terrible start. By the time I had all lands surrounding my cap, Paars had all lands around his cap, and Saxony advanced. By the time I advanced Rome, he had +2 Holland advanced, and had control of Venetia, my best land as it was developed at the start. Ephedrine seemed to do well in the west, and ghost was fighting Ukraine bravely, but we decided not to waste our time on this one, where north was bound to win anyway. Paars advanced Brandenburg and other lands. He also destroyed development in Corsica by taking it 1:2. South conceded turn 19.

Attachments: OzPrsRex_ephEmpGho.jpg (285.4 KB)  
Date: October 24, 2010 08:59AM

Now this was an epic battle:

Ulster (hallali) - Hanover (Usedtobegood) - Lithuania (xi/limbo)
vs.
Grenada (IceQueen) - Rome (empError) - Nicaea (Savior)

Savior had a terrible start. It took him 4 turns or so to take Greece as his first conquest. Then Byzantium and Macedonia forted before he could get them. He wanted to quit, but we persuaded him to stay, as I was doing pretty well in the center, and Ice was expected to win in the west. Xi's advantage over Savior was huge, however, and soon he advanced Wallachia and Poland, while taking control of the Balcans. Major forces came in my east flank. I tried to make xi pay as much as possible in winters, while advancing my African lands and holding on to Rome. Pressure on Usedtobegood was substantially diminished, although Ice could send some troops that way through England or Luxembourg. Xi's pressure increased, and he got Napoli, Sicilia, Tunis with one line of attack, and Venetia, Genoa with another. Ice took Provence, so that I was left with only Rome and Corsica, a point at which I felt like conceding. Usedtobegood still hadn't advanced much, though, and Savior was now fully advanced. Savior got control of Byzantium and Macedonia, and looked pretty even with xi now. Xi disconnected, and was replaced by limbo. There was an interesting episode, where Savior lost many troops due to being cut in Moldavia, but limbo also lost a lot, because he could not afford his 67 troops in Bulgaria, which were way more costly than if he would have held Moldavia (3 vs 5 step distance to cap).

IceQueen was regularly taking England still, and after I had reclaimed my lands, I could again put pressure on usedtobegood. The situation got worse for north as the game progressed. In turn 74, north conceded.

Attachments: hallU2bgXi_IceEmpSav.jpg (293.2 KB)  
Date: October 24, 2010 09:08AM

This one I forgot to post. It is a bit old, so I forgot many details.

Ulster (madman) - Hanover (IceQueen) - Ukraine (Hispano)
vs.
Grenada (nosy) - Corsica (empError) - Nicaea (lostpassword)

I got an advantage over IceQueen, due to a better start and/or some good ratios. Nosy also got the better of madman. lostpassword and Hispano were fighting their own battle, and lpw appeared way stronger. Hispano admitted that he was not playing well. By turn 32, north conceded.

Attachments: madIceHisp_nosyEmplpw.jpg (283.7 KB)  
Posted by: LikeNoOthers ()
Date: October 24, 2010 01:04PM

since you aren't sure, Wales was 20k dev +1, Northumberland 30 prim +1, england 10 dev, flanders were 20k prim +2 and norway was dev +1 :) not all dev and they did make troops. (except for england and norway)

still amazing lands !

Date: October 24, 2010 05:29PM

Ulster (Paars) - Hanover (IceQueen) - Ukraine (empError)
vs.
Grenada (sCum) - Corsica (best) - Greece (Gratis)

Best soon exerted pressure on IceQueen through Luxembourg. Paars helped out a bit, and after a while Ice could take over the initiative. Paars ruled in France, and pushed sCum back to Spain. After some initial pressure from me on Macedonia, Gratis managed to take a fort in Bulgaria from me, after which we stayed in balance. Ice ruled in Central Europe and took Dalmatia. In turn 23, south conceded.

Attachments: PrsIceEmp_scumBestGra.jpg (289.5 KB)  
Pages: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829Next
Current Page: 27 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.